How is this responsible airguning?

My 177 shoots 10.65 grain H&N Baracuda Match at just over 900 fps. Shot at a 45 degree angle they can land 353 yards away. 350 yards away the fps was 113 and the fpe is 0.3.

My P35-22 shoots 21.1 grain Baracuda Match at about 825 fps. Shot at a 45 degree angle they can land 495 yards away. At that distance they would be traveling at 137 fps and have 0.88 fpe. I also noticed they travel about the same distance shot at a 15 degree angle. The max distance is not at 45 degrees, it is closer to 30 degrees.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
My 177 shoots 10.65 grain H&N Baracuda Match at just over 900 fps. Shot at a 45 degree angle they can land 353 yards away. 350 yards away the fps was 113 and the fpe is 0.3.

My P35-22 shoots 21.1 grain Baracuda Match at about 825 fps. Shot at a 45 degree angle they can land 495 yards away. At that distance they would be traveling at 137 fps and have 0.88 fpe. I also noticed they travel about the same distance shot at a 15 degree angle. The max distance is not at 45 degrees, it is closer to 30 degrees.
Also have alot of drift at those distances and I'd think they would be tumbling long before they dropped. Change those to slugs and it's a whole different ball game.

Yes, the BC is important to how far they fly. But I don't think the energy they will have coming back to earth will change very much. It wouldn't take long to set up the case in chairgun (or your trajectory program of choice). The energy coming down is not from the gun it is from the effect of gravity. I also do not think either slugs or pellets will be flying straight as they come down, my guess is also that they will tumble. But the key point (in my mind) is that shooting up into a tree is not automatically a safety issue. If there is someplace fairly safe for them to land they won't have much energy at that point and it could be OK.

But the key point (in my mind) is that shooting up into a tree is not automatically a safety issue. If there is someplace fairly safe for them to land they won't have much energy at that point and it could be OK.
Another thought is that if only careful shots are taken, the pellet won't go past the tree trunk. In the photos of iguanas in trees that I've seen online, they're often stuck to the side of the tree trunk. If there's a tree trunk on the far side of an iguana, that pellet ain't going very far.

I didn't watch the video that the OP linked, but in reference to the image shown on the link of her holding a gun in a parking lot.....I can't imagine she'd get very far without the cops smashing her face into the asphalt unless she had permission or was even hired to be there.

So I agree when you say that shooting up into a tree is not automatically a safety issue, for two reasons: open water/empty field downrange, or tree trunk behind the iguana so pellet stops right there.

I'm guessing the big red moderator is sort of her version of orange muzzles on replica airsoft guns? A sign that I'm not out here with an assault rifle, but rather out here removing pests. Now, throw a pest control company logo on the side of the vehicle that she traveling in, and likely near while shooting, and now you've got yourself a legitimate pest mitigation strategy. I've read the iguana dropping make an awful mess. Many in her neck of the woods might be quite glad at the prospect of not having slimy iguana poop all over their sidewalks, poolchairs, picnic tables, cars, etc.

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that she's a wildlife biologist.

After all that, I am surprised that this flies. However, we are talking about Florida here so.......

Last edited:
Another thought is that if only careful shots are taken, the pellet won't go past the tree trunk. In the photos of iguanas in trees that I've seen online, they're often stuck to the side of the tree trunk. If there's a tree trunk on the far side of an iguana, that pellet ain't going very far.

I didn't watch the video that the OP linked, but in reference to the image shown on the link of her holding a gun in a parking lot.....I can't imagine she'd get very far without the cops smashing her face into the asphalt unless she had permission or was even hired to be there.

So I agree when you say that shooting up into a tree is not automatically a safety issue, for two reasons: open water/empty field downrange, or tree trunk behind the iguana so pellet stops right there.

I'm guessing the big red moderator is sort of her version of orange muzzles on replica airsoft guns? A sign that I'm not out here with an assault rifle, but rather out here removing pests. Now, throw a pest control company logo on the side of the vehicle that she traveling in, and likely near while shooting, and now you've got yourself a legitimate pest mitigation strategy. I've read the iguana dropping make an awful mess. Many in her neck of the woods might be quite glad at the prospect of not having slimy iguana poop all over their sidewalks, poolchairs, picnic tables, cars, etc.

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that she's a wildlife biologist.

After all that, I am surprised that this flies. However, we are talking about Florida here so.......
Seen alot of these shots on iguana hanging out on limbs, like squirrels like to do. Pass thru or miss, it's going til it comes back down or hits something.

As for the power level of her rig, dunno, but it seems everyone cranks them up for those lizards since they tend to be thick skulled... just like the natives there!

I'm kidding!!! We're just as dense here in Missouri!

I don't think they necessarily crank up the power. I saw a video with a different pest controller who used Prods. She seems to like a very short barreled Brocock carbine best. Her shots are often under 20 yards. But I have also seen pest controllers using more powerful guns on golf courses where there were really large lizards to take. The young lady nearly always shows head shots so it doesn't take a lot of power.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 6.58.09 PM.jpg

I don't know if it's been pointed out, but it doesn't matter if these people are the best shots in the world and never miss, they are not being a good example to people who are definitely not the best shots in the world. People will do as they see others do.
So a “monkey see, monkey do” situation? The lady in question does it professionally. We are all responsible for “our own actions”. “I saw it on the internet” or anywhere else for the matter, is not an excuse for acting irresponsibly with any guns. Pictures can be worth a “thousand words”. In this case words wrongly accusing a professional pest controller of being unsafe. Images can be, gasp! Misleading. Give the same benefit of doubt you would like to receive as a responsible shooter.

Went and found/watched some of this video. There are a couple shots where she could've had a pass thru or possible miss that could go across that canal and hit property(house or boat... or a house boat). Either way, just be mindful of your backstop. She is shooting 177 so the lethality of it at distance is lessened. Now 25 or 30 cal I'd say no go for the area.

Also, if I'm gunna watch a chick in a bikini shoot iguanas... im probably gunna watch Alex Zedra lol.

Of all the people I see the vid where Raj is helping Keith Warren and his daughter hunt iguanas. Raj is out in front scouting and is interference to keep people out of danger and out of the filming area.

Of all things I hear Keith Warren is shooting 50 cal at these things! I'm like omg! During this time im like waiting to pick up my daughter when she shows up. Oh well i will have to watch later. Well time goes by and i pretty much forget about it but i get another chance to wait in the car for my daughter another day. I think i see Keith Warren again and hit play he talks about pellets and opens his hand with a tin. Wait those don't look like pellets!
Screenshot_20230228_205755.jpg

Those are slugs! 😲 I see him mentioning the gun and showing it and then my daughter pops up and I cannot watch anymore again. 😠

As I'm driving I'm trying to let everything soak in and realize he said avenger(?). Wait they don't make that in 50 cal right?

Then i see this post and it starts coming back so i had to do a search. But either way you have to remember when you see any video it maynot be all it seems. It would probably be better if they edited out the portions that look like they are aiming where the projectile could hit a building or possible people. In this video you eventually see the sheriff come to see what's going on. If people were actually in danger I don't think the sheriff would have walked away.

I actually still have not seen the whole video to see what Warren was actually shooting.

Allen.

I can't even imagine trying that in California, especially with a gun that looks like that! You'd end up on the ground with a cop's knee on your neck and another pointing his gun at you if they hadn't already just shot you on sight. That's crazy!

I know I wouldn't be too happy traveling to FLA to stay then having to come in from the balcony of my resort room because there was a shooter in the courtyard, bikini or not!

I can't even imagine trying that in California, especially with a gun that looks like that! You'd end up on the ground with a cop's knee on your neck and another pointing his gun at you if they hadn't already just shot you on sight. That's crazy!

I know I wouldn't be too happy traveling to FLA to stay then having to come in from the balcony of my resort room because there was a shooter in the courtyard, bikini or not!
But you'd have a really good angle for the view!

• Haha
Reactions: r1lover