How is this responsible airguning?

With modern cars being VERY thin skin / body metal, having 2-15# Iguanas falling from trees on them certainly does not go without a dent, dripped & smeared blood etc ... I know I certainly would not be happy !!
It seems like Florida is something akin to the wild wild west in this regard ?
Lol..no,no,no. They tell you its not

"The agency has continued to encourage homeowners to kill iguanas on their own property or on public land without a permit, but only if they are capable of doing so safely — "this is not the Wild West," the FWC said."

See?

• Haha
Reactions: qball
Lol..no,no,no. They tell you its not

"The agency has continued to encourage homeowners to kill iguanas on their own property or on public land without a permit, but only if they are capable of doing so safely — "this is not the Wild West," the FWC said."

See?
Problem there is the home owner deems what they feel is safe. They're totally safe on the other side of the muzzle!
Who cares where that pellet goes, it's just a pellet gun... im implying that's their response not how I feel about it.

It is Florida we're talking about, alot of those guys aren't playing with a full deck of cards. There is a reason for the term "Florida man".

I agree with the sentiment that we need to be careful what is in the path of our targets. But I don't think we can judge that very well from the videos. We are not seeing everything she is seeing. I like her videos and am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. She was using a 177 in the "bikini" parking lot video and if there was a waterway with open area behind the building it may have been OK (path could have been up and over the building landing in water). She usually uses a 22 but often dials down the power depending on the length of the shot and what she is shooting towards. She may be taking some shots she shouldn't but I don't feel like I know enough to know that. Her channel is not my favorite or anything but I don't watch youtube hunting channels to try and judge whether they should be taking the shots. I watch them for entertainment.

Problem there is the home owner deems what they feel is safe. They're totally safe on the other side of the muzzle!
Who cares where that pellet goes, it's just a pellet gun... im implying that's their response not how I feel about it.

It is Florida we're talking about, alot of those guys aren't playing with a full deck of cards. There is a reason for the term "Florida man".
Well at least we not just rolling over giving up our freedoms and rights.. thing is you do somthing irresponsible here you probly pay for it . Not the responseable people pay the price and the offender walks free 5 minutes later . Funny how you say 1/2 a deck people here but the ones thinking there full deck is not so free , right? I can do all the shooting i want and unless i don't cause damage or harm to my neighbors thay cant do a thing. Now that works both ways.. were not being like sheeps led to slaughter like cal, ny, ect... ( Dumbacrat states).

See you looked at that video and just jumped to a conclusion and not even knowing the full circumstances of weather she was license and contracted to to that job., Right? No just tried to start trouble or whatever . Then your the irresponsible one hoping folks will jump on your bandwagon when she was in her right to do that as her legal job.

Grow up some..

Reactions: Bullysyclone
Well at least we not just rolling over giving up our freedoms and rights.. thing is you do somthing irresponsible here you probly pay for it . Not the responseable people pay the price and the offender walks free 5 minutes later . Funny how you say 1/2 a deck people here but the ones thinking there full deck is not so free , right? I can do all the shooting i want and unless i don't cause damage or harm to my neighbors thay cant do a thing. Now that works both ways.. were not being like sheeps led to slaughter like cal, ny, ect... ( Dumbacrat states).

See you looked at that video and just jumped to a conclusion and not even knowing the full circumstances of weather she was license and contracted to to that job., Right? No just tried to start trouble or whatever . Then your the irresponsible one hoping folks will jump on your bandwagon when she was in her right to do that as her legal job.

Grow up some..
What? Do you realize those projectiles are going to go way past her area she probably has permission to shoot? Do you know the area there and what's behind it? I highly doubt it. So instead of condoning bad behavior like the other places you listed allow(I live in Missouri btw, one of the more free states in the country), why don't you be a responsible air gunner on a worldwide platform and admit that it's wrong to shoot not knowing your backstop.... its friggin hunters education and the law pretty much in every state. You can take offense all you like to my comment, stereotypes follow statistics.

As for it being legal because of her permit or whatever BS you said, that's like saying if a police officer fires his weapon haphazardly into a crowd to stop a bad guy and accidentally hits a civilian its no harm no foul?

As for this particular video, I didn't watch it, ive seen plenty of these iguana hunting videos to know how they operate.

Grow up some? Grow a friggin brain.

BTW, the Florida man comment was meant to be a joke since there is always news stories of crazy stuff coming out of Florida hence the term. Some people are way too sensitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: qball

Grow up some..
I am not giving up any rights. With the sport though becoming more and more popular I felt it was right to make that note. I wasn't looking for trouble ,I was looking for online reviews for my BRK Ghost.
The thread was not meant to be an attack on that specific youtuber. It was intended more as a reminder to know what is behind your target, act responsibly with your airgun especially in public areas.

Knowing what is beyond our intended targets is a basic shooting responsibility. If you are not sure where your projectile may land? Simply don’t shoot. Jessica is a competent shooter, the video may not truly show what she is seeing. She has been at it for a while now and knows her job. No need to cast aspersions. We can all agree to “shoot safely“. It means the “same thing” across demographics, states, genders, etc.

Knowing what is beyond our intended targets is a basic shooting responsibility. If you are not sure where your projectile may land? Simply don’t shoot. Jessica is a competent shooter, the video may not truly show what she is seeing. She has been at it for a while now and knows her job. No need to cast aspersions. We can all agree to “shoot safely“. It means the “same thing” across demographics, states, genders, etc.
I was going to add above is she like shooting iguanas off peoples window sills maybe through there front door or somthing like that? .lol. Just point fingers and accuse .. then that seems to be the big going thing in this country and sadly folks gulp it hook line and sinker instead of backchecking the real deal first... Im sure she and others are responsible people or there vids would be from a jail cell ..lol

Reactions: Bullysyclone
What? Do you realize those projectiles are going to go way past her area she probably has permission to shoot? Do you know the area there and what's behind it? I highly doubt it. So instead of condoning bad behavior like the other places you listed allow(I live in Missouri btw, one of the more free states in the country), why don't you be a responsible air gunner on a worldwide platform and admit that it's wrong to shoot not knowing your backstop.... its friggin hunters education and the law pretty much in every state. You can take offense all you like to my comment, stereotypes follow statistics.

As for it being legal because of her permit or whatever BS you said, that's like saying if a police officer fires his weapon haphazardly into a crowd to stop a bad guy and accidentally hits a civilian its no harm no foul?

As for this particular video, I didn't watch it, ive seen plenty of these iguana hunting videos to know how they operate.

Grow up some? Grow a friggin brain.

BTW, the Florida man comment was meant to be a joke since there is always news stories of crazy stuff coming out of Florida hence the term. Some people are way too sensitive.
Well i figured you got confused and ment alabama man as seen here

I also saw her videos (more than one !) a while back.

Personally, I don't care of the local police were standing at her shoulders, it's Irresponsible to do any shooting where -
1 - People, little kids, and old folks are liable to be walking close by, that she may not see when she pulls the trigger.
2 - Cars are in the immediate vicinity.
3 - Hotel, motel windows are close to her line of fire.
4 - And the reason I was told...no back yard shooting (in my area)...there's "NO"...controlling a ricochet, no matter how good you think you may be.

Mike

I shoot squirrels out of trees in my backyard when I get a chance. I got a bit concerned about it so I did some calculations in chairgun. You have to decide what you think is low enough fpe when the pellet comes back to earth. Even if it is 1 fpe or less, if you shoot at a high enough angle, the pellet will be less than your maximum allowable energy when it gets to earth. How steeply you must shoot up is dependent on the ballistic coefficient of your projectile and how fast it is going when it leaves the barrel. For my guns it is between about 15 and 30 degrees to get to 1 fpe. In my opinion, shoot upwards is not always a negligent or reckless shot. If you know your guns, know where your gun is pointed, and know what is beyond your target, it can be safe. I have a large lake behind my house so when I am pointed properly, the pellet lands harmlessly in the water. I just wanted to be sure the energy when it comes back down is appropriately low. 177s tend to be safer because their muzzle energy tends to be lower and their ballistic coefficient also tends to be lower.

There is more than one way to be safe with airguns and shooting upward at steep angles may not be intuitively obviously safe but I am convinced it is. I like it if there is a tree or something in the pellets path but air can be OK if there is enough of it to slow the pellet down to a safe level.

I prefer squirrel hunting videos but I watch iguana videos sometimes regardless of whether the shooter is male or female.

Ya, that dude is a liquid vaginal cleansing product...

LOL, this phenomenon is very similar to "cute female golfer syndrome" whereby any halfway decent looking female golfer you see on the course instantly gains 2 points on the normal rating scale (meaning your average looking 6 out of 10 woman in daily life becomes an 8 when she steps on the course and shows that she's got some skills). That iguana lady is a solid 6.5 with or without an air rifle...
Yenniedn,

Here you go!

Justin