• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

How is this FX shroud stripper plug working ?

I am working on a diy project to build a airstripper backward directing inside a shroud, some sort of upgrade to existing FX shroud plug. My expectation is to keep the existing length and not to make the shroud longer.
Not interested for any moderator gizmos at all to attach to the front. I already have couple Brands/Models of air strippers, but all these adding to the length and weight and when storing the Impact (or Leshiy2) in a hard case I need to remove to fit.
I have seen this FX shroud at Krale, also the RW plug is tickling my interest but I would want that threaded/glued to a shroud so I can simply remove the shroud when cleaning the liners.

What caliber. ID of the tube and length of the baffle. I'll draw one of the Tesla Baffles up for you. It does exactly that.
Thanks I am well trained to design things only a bit busy lately to play with my resin printer ... I was just wondering how the Krale shroud is performing if anybody had a personal touch. Is it worth to invest the effort into Krale shroud over the original-stock FX shroud?
I believe a 1mm max OD clearance - for any caliber - is sufficient enough to strip the muzzle blast. I have seen much smaller and worked the best.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't meant to offend, I was just asking if - the reversed backwards blowing air stripper - worth the effort. What is it in that Krale shroud that cost $300 ???
I have no idea. You can draw up one of those and print it easily enough.
Things are getting expensive. Maybe it is just development costs? The whole "backwards blowing" idea is just a Tesla Valve. It is especially one if it redirects the air flow back upon itself.

The problem with printing is - you remember how the FX shroud plug look like? At the front is the M27 thread shall be concentric to 1/2-20. To access the liner for cleanup we need to unscrew the shroud from that 1/2-20. I can accept fabricating the plug on CNC lathe (because of thread pitch) and for sure the two threads be concentric on centerline, but printing those two threads is a lot of trial and error. I have done that in my CAD, I know how-to, but just busy today for resin post processing. Maybe later during winter lockdown. I know I am not ready to pay $300 to Kral, but would like to know really what is inside.

Hello everyone.
So, back to the idea of the air stripper inside of the FX Shroud. If someone can prints 2 or 3 baffle stripper that fits snug in the shroud, we slide that thing in all the way towards the muzzle end, air force from shooting will keep it against the back wall and when we need to clean it, we can just push it out with cleaning rod, clean the baffle and slide it back in again.
Question is, how much benefit will this tripper be? does anyone with 3D printer willing to try? Or maybe someone knows where I can get on that fits our shroud?
Thank you all.

In FX Crown MK2 shroud has guides to keep it centered and shroud about 4" longer than liner.

1709576501665.png

In FX Crown MK2 shroud has guides
I never saw a Crown in close other then internet pictures, but this your pictorial presentation makes perfect sense to me, I know what to look for.
To "mimic" the install on Impacts - me missing that threaded brass insert in action block. So the design must look for other "overhang" options at least on two points...