How has covid 19 affected your airgun activities?

Hell Yeah! I had to cancel my vacations, a Wildboar Hunting trip and the first benchrest comp of the year!..dang! Planning ahead has work almost always for me, but now that I got the air tickets for RMAC and the inscription ready I wonder if all will be ok for June (hope so). AS for shooting normally, not at all, I live in a 10 acres old forest, so all good. And actually is giving me more shooting time,

I believe that the lock down is not to avoid get infected, is to avoid all get infected at once and colapse the whole health system.

1584532609_6658051625e720c81d9adb3.19839591.jpg

Hope this freaking bug ends soon or the Avangers arrives! Thanos is starting! (bit of humor) :D

I would like to introduce a different perspective regarding the situation the world is currently facing. There are a lot of positive points to come out of this as well:

- Families are spending more time together.

- We are given a real test to our disease response systems, which gives us a better understanding and preparedness for something potentially worse down the road.

- If you have air and pellets with a safe shooting environment at home, then you have more trigger time.

- There is an obvious “Green” impact with fewer cars on the road, and businesses using energy.

- Lives will potentially be spared.

I’ve spent most of my adult life looking at the empty portion of the glass. I am learning to see the positive in everything.

I would like to introduce a different perspective regarding the situation the world is currently facing. There are a lot of positive points to come out of this as well:

- We are given a real test to our disease response systems, which gives us a better understanding and preparedness for something potentially worse down the road.

- If you have air and pellets with a safe shooting environment at home, then you have more trigger time.

- There is an obvious “Green” impact with fewer cars on the road, and businesses using energy.

I’ve spent most of my adult life looking at the empty portion of the glass. I am learning to see the positive in everything.

Great. post. This paranoid stuff about the government being out to get our guns and all the other craziness is just not true. This is about science and ecology I'm not saying that our government hasn't made big mistakes but we better learn to live together in peace without so much conflict Making comments which are not supported by the facts and science is not helpful. Stay home Love your family try to help your neighbors and lets try to get through this as a society. There are going to be heroes and villains. Lets all try to be heroes. 

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz

Great. post. This paranoid stuff about the government being out to get our guns and all the other craziness is just not true. This is about science and ecology I'm not saying that our government hasn't made big mistakes but we better learn to live together in peace without so much conflict Making comments which are not supported by the facts and science is not helpful. Stay home Love your family try to help your neighbors and lets try to get through this as a society. There are going to be heroes and villains. Lets all try to be heroes.

Two spot on posts! Thanks guys

Other than restaurants only pickup or delivery and hard to find food supplies, little impact on me. Topped off one of my 3 air tanks yesterday with my Bauer Jr II compressor. Plenty of pellets, and I shoot from the deck of my house or my covered walkout basement out to 50 yards. The way things are now are pretty much how my wife and I have lived our entire lives.

Personally I dont believe this was an accident, as mentioned above we are going to see a social and economic reset. Big companies will fall, the superpowers will be effected most, and in the end the playing feild will be far more level than it has been for a very long time.

On the bright side this morning I shot 2 pigeons, unblocked a drain, fitted a new injector in my wifes beloved 1994 bmw E34- which then resulted in me getting some afternoon delight.....im quite enjoying self isolation 😁

Wow I strongly disagree with some of you and really think most of you are spot on. I'm not interested in arguing so I'm not going to. I do think the big business will be bailed out. I think small business will suffer more but time will tell. Weather or not they come for the guns they are talking openly on fox news about giving everyone a living wage 1000 a month for adults and 500 for children. Guys who is going to pay for that? I don't know if this is as bad as they say. Who knows maybe they made a real virus in a lab and losed it to achieve thier goals but as someone said here everything changed after 911. Just watch and see what freedoms you lose after this. As for more worried about stupid people than gov I totally agree. Gov and stupid cattle go hand in hand. Any lost freedom is ultimately our fault for exchanging safety and security for freedom. We'll thanks for your posts guys. Keep those airguns firing and good luck with everything going on. 

Raden 1942:

Gun laws and anti-gun agendas are not on anyone's mind at this time...

You haven't lost your retirement as you think (unless you sold at current low prices - realized the loss), you are just over reacting to uncertainty vs. reacting to expectations, this is the way the stock market operates and this is why the stock market is down the way it is...What you think you lost will come back, not in a matter of days but as soon as the pandemic is under control and we return to more "normal" times...It may take a little time (1 to 2-3 years) but your savings will come back...Always keep at least 18 months (preferably 24) of your monthly expenditures in cash (not investments) so you can cope with any emergency or uncertainty as we are experiencing...I am down probably 30% on my very well diversified assets portfolio but I have enough cash on hand to supplement my expenses for at least 4 years so I don't really care what happens in the market...

We self quarantined the entire family and only one member of the household goes out wearing a mask/gloves once every week to buy food and other JUST ENOUGH for that week and at times when the avalanches of people are not present, hoarding supplies only aggravate the problems; we wash and disinfect all new containers and food brought into the home.

These are very interesting times to learn about human behavior under stress...Having not much to do because I am retired (67 been retired for 27 years), I can and have been shooting on my backyard whenever I please...These are times to read, to think, to listen good music and to STAY AWAY from the news and media who are profiting by keeping the population tied to their TV's waiting to hear more BAD news...In my opinion the media is responsible for the anxiety and stress that is affecting many people, we all know what is going on and we all know what to do, no need for any more NEGATIVE inputs. 

So don't let the Covid19 affect your life any more than is necessary...Enjoy your family, your pets and your guns...Listen to good music and now that we are in crisis think about what is important in life, this crisis will make all of us much better persons.

Best regards,

AZ

Always keep at least 18 months (preferably 24) of your monthly expenditures in cash (not investments) so you can cope with any emergency or uncertainty as we are experiencing...

That right there is the catch. What percentage of the population in ANY first world nation has actually DONE that? Because the people who have NOT done that are the ones that are going to be demanding that gubmit money and the gubmit is going to deliver. We are a trillion dollars deeper in debit today than we were a week ago.

Like I said elsewhere, "We are a people who have lost the courage to stand with a clenched fist against a disease that polio, small pox, and the plague make look like a common cold." That is our downfall RIGHT there.

Also please register my strong disagreement about who is paying attention to what the gubmit is doing with gun laws. I live in Virginia.

Always keep at least 18 months (preferably 24) of your monthly expenditures in cash (not investments) so you can cope with any emergency or uncertainty as we are experiencing...

That right there is the catch. What percentage of the population in ANY first world nation has actually DONE that? Because the people who have NOT done that are the ones that are going to be demanding that gubmit money and the gubmit is going to deliver. We are a trillion dollars deeper in debit today than we were a week ago.

Like I said elsewhere, "We are a people who have lost the courage to stand with a clenched fist against a disease that polio, small pox, and the plague make look like a common cold." That is our downfall RIGHT there.

Also please register my strong disagreement about who is paying attention to what the gubmit is doing with gun laws. I live in Virginia.

Oldspook:

I am a strange breed....I grew up in a family where we learned to work for ourselves and not for the banks, when I was under the family umbrella I was not allowed to apply for a loan of any kind and I never did....NEVER, not a loan not a mortgage!. In our family you work as soon as you learn how to walk and speak, you save and invest and THEN you can can think of buying things you NEED FULL CASH when you have the money on hand; and let me add that my grandfather was a very successful banker!

If I have learned something in life it is that the difference between rich and poor people relies in that poor people "buy things" and rich people "Invest their money"...People who "buy things" will have a hard time controlling themselves and saving 18-24 months of their monthly expenditures and keep it as untouchable money no matter what....

Yes, I agree with you: These people are the ones who will suffer the most in this pandemic as they will in any economic recession or crisis, and they are the ones who will need the immediate government support (at out cost)...Let's now understand that we all have what we need in life, but in order to be FULLY INDEPENDENT and pretty much "crisis proof", we need to avoid unnecessary acquisitions...Notice that I said AVOID and not to limit or restrict the purchase of what we don't need. Buy what you need NOT what you want, in other words: Invest the money that you intend to spend in what you want and don't need

I know what is happening in Virginia with the Bloomberg sponsored democrat anti-gun government that you have, it is too sad but people elected those liberals and you all have what people voted for...Get the community together and vote them out!!...Now, let's make clear that that particular anti-gun agenda didn't happen while the covid19 crisis, and let's agree that even in Virginia the government is more concerned about the Pandemic and the economic crisis that will hit the state, country and world than pursuing their liberal anti-gun agenda... 

The covid19 is not our downfall in any way, it is just a game changer that will make governments and institutions re-assess their thinking and the allocation of resources...From here on the USA will make sure that we do not depend of any country (currently China) for producing our medications or for doing R&D and finding cures to existing and forthcoming viruses/diseases; health threats will become a priority and national security (as it should be)...The world has seen similar and worse pandemics and it is still turning, so don't be pessimistic, be optimistic but VERY CAUTIOUS and enjoy what you currently have in life.

I will not be participating in this thread any further, you all be cautious and hang in there without letting this crisis interfere with your happiness.

Best regards,

AZ

Reactions: nomojo65
I don't think we can deny there is a virus. And I don't trust the government. Who was it who said you can never let a good crises go to waste. I don't know where I would rather live than the the USA. I hope you all stay healthy. It's a good time to reflect on how delicate life is. So give your wife and kids a hug. Take your neighbor a roll of TP and have fun shooting your airgun