How has covid 19 affected your airgun activities?

There are folks who live in a world of fear and paranoia. To suggest the virus is a hoax, is like claiming the holocaust didn't happen. To the majority, I would simply suggest, take a deep breath and deal with it. Your IRA will come back, as will our economy in general. I try to look at it like this; worst case, we will be dealing with this through most of 2020. I think back on my school years, just pick a year to remember, and that's the period of time we are dealing with. Looking back on it, that school year was a drop in the bucket. Granted, at age 70, my bucket isn't as big as it used to be, but we will recover and be stronger for it. Regarding the question of air rifle shooting, I'm probably doing more, either in the yard or at my gun club, a 20 minute drive. If we have a "shelter in place" ruling, then my club trips may be curtailed, but I see no interruption to the back yard shooting. Right now, panic buying and hoarding is the biggest local problem. That is one area in which I think the government dropped the ball. Some of the staples that have disappeared from the shelves should have been rationed two weeks ago.

+1. It's odd seeing so many on here talking of huge conspiracy around this virus. I always thought the airgun community was largely free from that mindset...

My airgun plans haven't changed much. Going to be tuning and adjusting some of my guns here soon. I have a new chrony and reg plus a couple other small parts on the way. Hopefully their arrival won't be impeded too much by the virus but who knows. Worst come to worst I'll be back handpumping for a bit and shooting my TX200 which really isn't the worst thing in the world right now.

+1. It's odd seeing so many on here talking of huge conspiracy around this virus. I always thought the airgun community was largely free from that mindset...

Had I made the claim to you three months ago that entire regions of the US would be locked down under medical martial law you would have labeled me a "conspiracy theorist". Had I told you that the unemployment rate would rise to 20% over month's time for any reason you would have labeled me a "conspiracy theorist". Had I told you every roll of toilet paper on the planet would be scarfed up before they bought the food to even need TP you would have labeled a conspiracy theorist.

Wake up! This is not going to be a two week paid vacation.

Had I made the claim to you three months ago that entire regions of the US would be locked down under medical martial law you would have labeled me a "conspiracy theorist". Had I told you that the unemployment rate would rise to 20% over month's time for any reason you would have labeled me a "conspiracy theorist". Had I told you every roll of toilet paper on the planet would be scarfed up before they bought the food to even need TP you would have labeled a conspiracy theorist.

Yes because no one can predict the future.

I agree it's not a two week paid vacation. There's a lot of uncertainty for a lot of people regarding employment and their income. Right now the economy is tanking and entire industries are being shaken. The near future is going to be rocky for a lot of people. I'm just glad I have some airguns as a way to decompress from the whole ordeal. I'm very thankful for being able to shoot in my backyard!

To put things in perspective, in the span of 1 year or so, the Spanish Flu infected 500 million people, killing 50 million, 675,000 in the US.

Stats from CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

I'm pretty sure Covid-19 won't produce the same mortality rates. It however, comes at a time in history where there is instant sharing of information, some positive and some negative.

One thing for certain is that the fear and hysteria is unprecedented. My guess is that we are being prepped for something else, likely more devestating than Covid-19

Right now the only thing keeping away from airgunning are cold blustery days.👎

Wow, we are sure getting off topic here. How has the Covid 19 virus affected my air gunning? Well in someways it has helped with extra time to shoot and in others, with things closing down it's harder to get air and maybe soon, lead. I sure hope not.

I might post this as a different topic but I am fortunate to have the LCS company here in town and they make the LCS SK-19 air rifle. A good friend of mine has his business right next door to their outfit. He met them one afternoon and when he learned about what they do he mentioned me and that I live on a farm. They have been wanting to do some testing and I have the land. So I met with them and offered when things start to die down to come out and bring the SK-19. I'll be stopping over there soon to fill up my SCBA tank as they were kind enough to offer the service. paintball stores are pulling back their hours.So we all start to help each other and that's how this virus has affected air gunning.

Believe in conspiracies if you want but the important things is that we all come together and get through this mess.

As a last thought, When SARS was around, when H1N1 and Ebola were around I don't recall any claims of conspiracy....virus's mutate spontaneously in their natural environment; and that's how I believe Covid 19 came about....natural selection. That's why we have to get a new flu shot each year and realistically by the time the vaccine has arrived, the flu has already started to mutate so protection is not guaranteed. It's just the way it works. What we are doing now is the best thing. Avoiding unnecessary exposure. Get out by yourself on your shooting range, or woods, and enjoy a little Zen time with you favorite rifle....and if my air supply runs out, I've got my old Diana Springer that I can pull out of the mothballs.

Stay safe out there, and shoot shoot shoot.

I've been shooting my airguns more since I'm working from home and not doing the work that I normally do a couple of weekends a month. I shot my home FT course three times last week! 

I have tons of political views, but that's not what the OP asked for. We don't have to all agree on what's "right" or try to "educate" others. Feels like it just gums up our forum. Let's keep the politics aside, shall we. 

This will get worse before it gets better, which it will. Hope everyone stays safe and at ease.

Chas

Indeed,

The world as you know it now will never be the same.

The effects of this will make 911 look very small.

The entire world is being shaken.

A global reset of every known system in modern times will be affected.

What a time to be alive!

Nothing in recorded history will equal what is being recorded as the days pass currently.

The convictions you now feel are very real

Heed the warnings

for me the real question is

HOW THE WORLD WILL CHANGE AFTER COVID19