• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How get air out of fx impact

To degas your Impact,
turn the regulator screw out [counter clockwise] slowly until' you hear the air start hissing out.. 
Don't remove the screw.. Loosening it a bit will do the trick. [2.5 mm sized allen]

It is strongly recommended Not to fire these rifles with little to no air pressure..
That can potentially damage components.

1f60a.svg
1f44d.svg

Sam -

Yeah i would dry fire as a last resort. 👍

So you must remove the bottle AND degas reg pressure to lower reg pressure?

Correct. If the bottle is on - It is constantly feeding psi to the gun/reg. So it has to be removed first.
Even after removed, there will be residual air in the system [on the regulated air side]
That air has to be bled out also. [So no air pressure will fight against the reg components/system]

I've always dry fired my impact to remove pressure and lower reg BUT was wondering if that was necessary.

FX / Ernest Rowe / Etc. all warn against doing this - As a precautionary measure.
You can 'dry-fire' with regular pressure or low-ish pressure, but not with no pressure.

Simply loosening the reg adjuster screw or the reg gauge will bleed air out of the system..
There's no need to risk potential and preventable damage when loosening things is so effective and simple..

So lowering reg pressure could damage the gun even with bottle removed?

With the way they've designed things, they don't advise adjusting the reg screw 'in' / 'clockwise' aka lowering it 
while there is any air pressure in the system. So again, yes. No tank doesn't mean no air pressure, 
IF there is still residual air / air-pressure on the reg-side.

I've been having to do this a LOT lately.. 
Brand new FX Impact MK II here with either a screwed up regulator or regulator gauge [or something]
I keep having to completely de-gas to try to drop the reg back down, then air-up to increase the reg.. 
Over and over and over.. It's beyond annoying/frustrating at this point.
This process of elimination / trouble-shooting isn't something I was looking forward to on a brand new $2k+ gun.

Sam -

Reactions: IraLite
" This process of elimination / trouble-shooting isn't something I was looking forward to on a brand new $2k+ gun".

Exactly what I tried to say in another post as to one of the reasons why I went with the Daystate DW. Didn't take long for the FX zombies to jump all over me.

If there's one thing I hate - It's "fanboys" - no matter what they're all about.
There's nothing more annoying than that lemming/sheeple/zombie type of mentality. 
Sorry to hear that the FX-zombies attacked.. Remember, next time . . double-taps to their heads! 🤣

In the past 2 years, I've racked up over 10 different PCPs. They all ranged from $500ish to $1,500ish, 
and with the exception of 1 Puncher Breaker valve snapping, and 1 Kalibrgun Cricket o-ring issue, 
I have Never experienced so many headaches. Especially literally right out of the box. It's unreal.. 
Insult to injury when this BS Scamdemic is going on, so I don't even dare ship them back to fix under warranty.. 

On one hand, I'm beyond capable of doing anything required, and I actually enjoy tinkering.. 
On the other hand, I just want to be able to shoot the damn things. 
🤦‍♂️

Sam -

So you must remove the bottle AND degas reg pressure to lower reg pressure?

Correct. If the bottle is on - It is constantly feeding psi to the gun/reg. So it has to be removed first.
Even after removed, there will be residual air in the system [on the regulated air side]
That air has to be bled out also. [So no air pressure will fight against the reg components/system]

I've always dry fired my impact to remove pressure and lower reg BUT was wondering if that was necessary.

FX / Ernest Rowe / Etc. all warn against doing this - As a precautionary measure.
You can 'dry-fire' with regular pressure or low-ish pressure, but not with no pressure.

Simply loosening the reg adjuster screw or the reg gauge will bleed air out of the system..
There's no need to risk potential and preventable damage when loosening things is so effective and simple..

So lowering reg pressure could damage the gun even with bottle removed?

With the way they've designed things, they don't advise adjusting the reg screw 'in' / 'clockwise' aka lowering it 
while there is any air pressure in the system. So again, yes. No tank doesn't mean no air pressure, 
IF there is still residual air / air-pressure on the reg-side.

I've been having to do this a LOT lately.. 
Brand new FX Impact MK II here with either a screwed up regulator or regulator gauge [or something]
I keep having to completely de-gas to try to drop the reg back down, then air-up to increase the reg.. 
Over and over and over.. It's beyond annoying/frustrating at this point.
This process of elimination / trouble-shooting isn't something I was looking forward to on a brand new $2k+ gun.

Sam -

Really? I've had an MK2 since last May and adjust the reg 1/4 at a time then take a shot or two when adjusting up or down. With gun aired up and no problems. Isn't that what is recommended with the AMP reg by FX?

Here you can see Bob using this method starting around the 3:50 mark. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIMhmtLLgUc

I think you're watching videos or getting info for the old regulator, not the one in the MK2. Yes you don't want to dry fire the gun without sufficient air in the system. As you mentioned but should NOT need to degas the gun to adjust the regulator in an MK2.

Here's Ernest showing how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K9uG2KOPt0&t=11s

Really? I've had an MK2 since last May and adjust the reg 1/4 at a time then take a shot or two when adjusting up or down. With gun aired up and no problems. Isn't that what is recommended with the AMP reg by FX?

Yup, I believe it.. I know exactly how it's done, and how these guns and regs are SUPPOSED to work.. 
Why mine isn't working correctly is beyond me.. FX-USA and I have been chatting about it via e-mail tag.
Yet again, trying to do process of elimination trouble shooting on a brand new gun.. Not fun.

I think you're watching videos or getting info for the old regulator, not the one in the MK2. Yes you don't want to dry fire the gun without sufficient air in the system. As you mentioned but should NOT need to degas the gun to adjust the regulator in an MK2.

I've read everything and watched every video that pertains to the Impacts over the years, 
and I appreciate you dropping the info and video links! Yeah, the new AMP reg is a bit different and supposed to be better.. 
That's another one of the reasons that I finally got the gun after waiting soooooo many years! I had really high hopes!

To have it not respond to adjustments [at least via the reg gauge] is very off putting to say the least.. 
Just imagine having TWO brand new FX guns that are both acting/responding the same way..

https://fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Fx_impact_manual_ok.pdf

☝☝☝ 

That's the only 'manual' that FX has given us to go by.
It's the one I had burned into memory..
Especially this 'warning section' 

1585173710_6070112595e7bd4ce317636.25980888.jpg

I can't trust my new guns, their gauges, their regs [at the moment]
so that led me not to trust the claim that the new AMP reg wouldn't die if I adjusted it 'down' w/ pressure in the system.. 

I've been forced to take the 'better to be safe than sorry approach'.

**SIGH**

Sam -

PS: It was said NOT to go below 100bar on the reg.
My Impact showed up with the reg needle pined to like 80bar - hence wanting to bring it up to at least 100bar.. 
That's what got me started with this whole mess..

My Dream Tac Compact leaks like a sieve, so I've been trouble shooting that.. 
It's also when I noticed that it's reg was set to like 170bar.. 
I tried adjusting that reg down a bit as well, and the needle never budged.. 
[I've tried adjusting both degassed / zero psi in the gun as well as with up to 220bar and no difference]

Yup, I believe it.. I know exactly how it's done, and how these guns and regs are SUPPOSED to work.. 
Why mine isn't working correctly is beyond me.. FX-USA and I have been chatting about it via e-mail tag.
Yet again, trying to do process of elimination trouble shooting on a brand new gun.. Not fun.

I've read everything and watched every video that pertains to the Impacts over the years, 
and I appreciate you dropping the info and video links! Yeah, the new AMP reg is a bit different and supposed to be better.. 
That's another one of the reasons that I finally got the gun after waiting soooooo many years! I had really high hopes!

To have it not respond to adjustments [at least via the reg gauge] is very off putting to say the least.. 
Just imagine having TWO brand new FX guns that are both acting/responding the same way..

https://fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Fx_impact_manual_ok.pdf

☝☝☝ 

That's the only 'manual' that FX has given us to go by.
It's the one I had burned into memory..
Especially this 'warning section' 

1585173710_6070112595e7bd4ce317636.25980888.jpg

I can't trust my new guns, their gauges, their regs [at the moment]
so that led me not to trust the claim that the new AMP reg wouldn't die if I adjusted it 'down' w/ pressure in the system.. 

I've been forced to take the 'better to be safe than sorry approach'.

**SIGH**

Sam -

PS: It was said NOT to go below 100bar on the reg.
My Impact showed up with the reg needle pined to like 80bar - hence wanting to bring it up to at least 100bar.. 
That's what got me started with this whole mess..

My Dream Tac Compact leaks like a sieve, so I've been trouble shooting that.. 
It's also when I noticed that it's reg was set to like 170bar.. 
I tried adjusting that reg down a bit as well, and the needle never budged.. 
[I've tried adjusting both degassed / zero psi in the gun as well as with up to 220bar and no difference]

The rules of the pre-MK2 talk about the old regulator in the Impact. If you're applying the rules from the old reg onto the new one you will have issues, if you degas the gun that often you will most likely cause leaks then complain about FX some more. I've seen lately some .22's with the power plenum coming with the reg set below 100 Bar. I personally wouldn't shoot it below 100 but having the reg set below is still having a positive effect of efficiency. I.E just because the reg is below 100 bar doesn't mean you have to shoot it that low. :) That "manual" is for MK1 Impact and reg rules do not apply.

The Impact is constantly evolving platform and its up to you to make sure the rules you're following and telling others to follow are correct or you're just making a simple thing more complicated for others as well as yourself. There's people here more than happy to jump on the FX are poop guns bandwagon as you've seen even if it is coming from a place of ignorance.

If you're not happy with the Dream-tac regulator send the gun back. I have been playing with the AMP regulator for 10 months now up and down under pressure and have been very happy with it, as have many others. Not many people are replacing this reg with Huma like they did with previous models because they work and they work well. Are there some bad ones out there? Sure, but I think many of the problems with the Impact are user error. 

So if you knew that and know that, why are you degassing the gun every time you adjust the regulator? FX know that you're degassing the gun with every regulator adjustment?

The keep it below 150bar on the reg is for the old regulator not the AMP reg but I'm sure you know that also.