• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How fast are you shooting 50.15 grain JSBs?

900's with a 50g is smoking!

Yeah, I did some work on my R5 last night (cleaning and fixing my second stage), When I got it all back together, I set the HST back where it was for my 65.5gr tune to make sure it was good, and then shot a few 50.15's over my chrono. To my surprise, I finally broke 💯 FPE with this rifle shooting the JSBs at 948-949 💪 with the HST maxed, but I dialed it back for the slug tune (producing 926 with the 50.15's).

I don't think 926FPS is going to work very well, but I wanted to see if anyone else has shot them accurately at higher velocity. I want to say that 910-915 was hole in hole at 100y when I shot them the last time, but I just don't remember 😂 

I’ve shot them out of my rainstorm at 940 accurately... but.. I size and weigh them as the 50’s are not as consistent in size or weight as the 44’s. I’m going to try the emperors as I’ve heard they are more accurate. I’m think daystate has jsb make them but the may have their own molds.

Perfect! That gives me hope :) I don't like having to remove my stock to adjust the HST, my goal is keeping it where it is for the slug tune and being able to shoot pellets accurately with the same config. The 44.75's are not accurate with this rifle over 910, right now they're shooting around 990 with these settings 😬

850fps out of my fx crown with reg setting 145bar,

just stupid accurate.

Thanks. My barrel seems to be extremely picky about head sizes with these 50.15's. Accuracy showed some promise, and it didn't change much from 850-955FPS yesterday when I tested them (aside from POI). I shot them at 108 meters.

The 44.75's were sightly more consistent, from 850-960 or so, and groups opened up from 960-1030FPS regardless of head size. Although they were accurate again from 970-975. I was ringing my 6" steel plate at 194 meters with them 4 out of 5 shots, which kind of surprised me.

A couple of years ago I tried them in my .30 Bobcat mk2 with ST barrel. They were pretty much just as accurate as the 44.75 at 100 yards. Shooting the 44.75 at 885 FPS at the time, and the 50.1 about 35 FPS slower (850). One thing I did determine was the consistency and predictability of the 44.75 was better than the 50.1. With a given wind I could better estimate the drift with the lighter pellets. Also, although its been said many times on AGN how much better the BC is for the 50.1, that wasn't my experience. When I tested them at the above speeds from the ST barrel, at 3500 ft. elevation and about 50 to 55 degree outside temperature, the 44.75 had a BC of 0.042, and the 50.1 had a BC of 0.046. Not enough difference to write home about...

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
A couple of years ago I tried them in my .30 Bobcat mk2 with ST barrel. They were pretty much just as accurate as the 44.75 at 100 yards. Shooting the 44.75 at 885 FPS at the time, and the 50.1 about 35 FPS slower (850). One thing I did determine was the consistency and predictability of the 44.75 was better than the 50.1. With a given wind I could better estimate the drift with the lighter pellets. Also, although its been said many times on AGN how much better the BC is for the 50.1, that wasn't my experience. When I tested them at the above speeds from the ST barrel, at 3500 ft. elevation and about 50 to 55 degree outside temperature, the 44.75 had a BC of 0.042, and the 50.1 had a BC of 0.046. Not enough difference to write home about...

That pretty much lines up precisely with what I witnessed yesterday during my (9 hour) shooting session. I was seeing 0.044 and 0.047 with the 5-8mph tail wind, and when it shifted to a crosswind from my 3 o'clock, those 50's would drift unpredictably anywhere from 1" to as much as 3-3.5".

I just don't think the heavier 50's going to make the cut for my R5. After I ran out of the ~100 sorted 44's, I opened another tin and shot them wet with silicone straight out of the tin without any of those problems. I'm going to focus on seeing what I can do with the lighter ones, but damnit - I do not want to change my regulator settings!!!!!! It took me a long time to find the absolute perfect sweet spot for maximal slug power output with the factory hammer system! I could reinstall the factory reg, but meh - I love these Humas and the additional shot count for hunting 😢