How far with the big Dianas?

720fps with 14.66 for about 17ftlbs. Groups sizes are typically about 2" on a relatively calm day but at that range with such a slow pellet anything can happen. I’ve broken an inch and I've broken 5" 😆. A little wind in an unexpected direction will really mess with you.
That's my goal, under an inch. Good shooting.

On any average day my 54 can hold about 3" to 3.5" at 100y with JSB/AA 16gr pellets. On seemingly breezeless days you can about half that, and if you can ever get a dead calm day about 1" is doable if everything in the universe aligns and fate smiles apon you. Also have a 470TH in .22 that rivals the 54 in accuracy, just slightly more difficult to shoot well. If you have gusting/inconsistent wind all bets are off.

Reactions: Billinoregon
Yes, the wind must cooperate. I usually put 3 flags out to 100. The big thing is a constant wind. All flags the same direction, tail steady. If you have tails going different directions not gonna be any inch groups. Now, a 200 yd IBS target at100yds would be a fun match with springers. Seems the spring guys are timid about trying 100. Actually it's hard to get most of them to shoot some competition.

Can't seem to stop daydreaming about pushing a springer beyond 100 yards, and it would seem the big Dianas -- the 460, 48 and/or 54 -- would be the obvious choices. Anyone play this game? How did you do?
I’ll stretch my 52 .25 out again soon on film against a .25 Patriot & .25 HW90.
I know I had 1/2” groups at 72 with the 52 .25. It gets much harder that last 25-30 yards but on a windless day I will most likely be able to whack cans at 200.
I wouldn’t bother trying for groups past 130

Can't seem to stop daydreaming about pushing a springer beyond 100 yards, and it would seem the big Dianas -- the 460, 48 and/or 54 -- would be the obvious choices. Anyone play this game? How did you do?
I don't play this game. I mostly stick to low power under 12 FPE springer.
But
You might want to check out some of the Hatsan. Like the 135 ($300). It's easier on the pocket book. ....Unfortunately, accuracy not on a par with the RWS 54 ($725) and 56.

I don't play this game. I mostly stick to low power under 12 FPE springer.
But
You might want to check out some of the Hatsan. Like the 135 ($300). It's easier on the pocket book. ....Unfortunately, accuracy not on a par with the RWS 54 ($725) and 56.
Hmmmm so it would be a waste of money. Better to save for the real deal.

My Gamo magnum in .22 can make the shot, however it’s not something I can easily repeat. Usually takes a few shots to find it but once I do I can get 2 out of 5 on a shotgun shell
Shotgun shell on 100y ?

I can do that on 50 meter with my Gamo but did not try further.

What I can do is hitting the 200x200mm plate at 100 meter standing freehand.