How easy / hard is it to sell on here.

selling local only is usually slow for me as I am not inundated with pcp enthusiast lol . The cheaper the price the faster it goes is my observation even when I would pass on something with newer members there always seems to be someone willing to take a gamble on here for the steal of a deal adds . I prefer better safe than sorry myself . good luck to you Sir. :coffee:

The classifieds are pretty active on listings and re-listings (y)

selling local only is usually slow for me as I am not inundated with pcp enthusiast lol . The cheaper the price the faster it goes is my observation even when I would pass on something with newer members there always seems to be someone willing to take a gamble on here for the steal of a deal adds . I prefer better safe than sorry myself . good luck to you Sir. :coffee:

Do you sell your own or is it more like a gig?

I'm not there yet but when I am, is it relativley easy to sell airguns through the classifieds here? By easy I mean, if you've sold on here, was it pretty quick on average or did it sit for a long time?

I would only be interested in selling what I have locally in the Bay Area and no shipping.
Hard for me. I can’t even find a link to the classifieds lol

Reactions: Dairyboy
If you price it right and stay firm, you'll get someone who wants the item and most likely take care of it. You will most definitely get low ballers, especially these days.

I've had better luck getting what I want and moving stuff faster on ebay. The fees suck, but they cut you a good deal on shipping. Better than pirateship most of the time.

You can't sell mods/LDCs etc on here anymore, so those go straight on ebay for me. I had one on there that sold within a couple days and there was no haggling involved. Sold for more than what I got offered on here. Even a gun I listed on there sold for more than I could've got on here, and the shipping savings probably covered half the fees involved.

I'm not there yet but when I am, is it relativley easy to sell airguns through the classifieds here? By easy I mean, if you've sold on here, was it pretty quick on average or did it sit for a long time?

I would only be interested in selling what I have locally in the Bay Area and no shipping.
Depends on what you’re selling and how much you’re asking

I joined to sell something on here. Just waiting out the wait period. Scammers across many forums have spooked a lot a of people when it comes to dealing with new people. I get it. I'm sure I'll be looked at with suspicion even tho I'm legit and just wanna get rid of something I don't have use for.

I joined to sell something on here. Just waiting out the wait period. Scammers across many forums have spooked a lot a of people when it comes to dealing with new people. I get it. I'm sure I'll be looked at with suspicion even tho I'm legit and just wanna get rid of something I don't have use for.
Honestly - we've all been there with our first sale on a new forum. My suggestion is this - start out with some smaller lower cost items. Buyers will be less hesitant on a lower cost item. Give and get feedback. Work on building a reputation. You just can't start out posting a $2K airgun and expect an easy sale.

Bay Area, Northern Calif. I think there are a lot of air gunners in this region . As people have said , depends, you can also use Craigslist,I have bought some air guns off of it.
Posted a sale on CL for 15 airguns and didn’t get 1 email. I was shocked. I didn’t even get a lowball. I must have screwed that up.

• Wow
Reactions: swNCsw
Posted a sale on CL for 15 airguns and didn’t get 1 email. I was shocked. I didn’t even get a lowball. I must have screwed that up.
Airguns not permitted there. Even though I've gotten some great airgun deals on CL. Crosman 600 for 75 (NYC) and a cherry 1959 BSA Mk2 Airsporter for 50 (in LA!) had them shipped NP. What the heck, I trust people for those amounts. It's only money. Some alchys urinate that much in a day or so. So what.
Around here somebody always flags and reports them. Maybe yours got flagged

Honestly - we've all been there with our first sale on a new forum. My suggestion is this - start out with some smaller lower cost items. Buyers will be less hesitant on a lower cost item. Give and get feedback. Work on building a reputation. You just can't start out posting a $2K airgun and expect an easy sale.
Isn't that a given?

It's super easy to post an item for sale but none of us can even guess what reception you will get.

If you ask too much, if you are not willing to ship, if you are rigid in your wording or price, you may not make a sale at all.

I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff here with only one wrinkle and that has now been sorted out.

Good luck

I'm finding you need to sell at a very low price to get interest. I'm trying to sell two items now, one brand new never out of the box and the second you can't tell from new. Both are 70% of retail and shipping included. I've had one offer on one of the items that was about 55% of new. It's not worth my time to deal with packaging and shipping for the price I've been offered. YMMV