• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How does blocking new members from participating help Airgun Nation?

Wow, 10 posts and 10 days is such an elitist requirement to keep people out of the community.......lol
I've been to other sites that have requirements much higher than that. I've also been to some sites where us "new" guys are pretty much ignored.
There's a site over seas that has tons of good info, many posts and threads. I've posted there several times with questions and have yet to have one answered.
Let me come to this private site and sell my stuff or try to buy stuff and leave. It should be my rules on your site.
Ten posts! Who has time for that................

AGN in a nutshell.jpg

Seems other platforms are able to verify members in minutes ... guess it depends on if $ is involved and PII. PayPal only ads in the classifieds, had an account setup in minutes, not 10 days to a month. Still I hate PP but some deals I had to bend my principles. IMHO, time frame could absolutely be decreased. I will digress, someone will even complain about what is needed to verify in those minute registration cases as well. On a positive note, AN community has been extremely helpful and patient with me overall ... I make mistakes, dumb@ss questions, and dumb@ss responses. My advice, don't debate with a moderator, you will absolutely LOSE, least I did. Have a good Presidents Day.

Seems other platforms are able to verify members in minutes ... guess it depends on if $ is involved and PII. PayPal only ads in the classifieds, had an account setup in minutes, not 10 days to a month. Still I hate PP but some deals I had to bend my principles. IMHO, time frame could absolutely be decreased. I will digress, someone will even complain about what is needed to verify in those minute registration cases as well. On a positive note, AN community has been extremely helpful and patient with me overall ... I make mistakes, dumb@ss questions, and dumb@ss responses. My advice, don't debate with a moderator, you will absolutely LOSE, least I did. Have a good Presidents Day.
Yeah, I don't like arguing with people in my house over my rules either.

Reactions: WoodWelder
Yeah, I don't like arguing with people in my house over my rules either.
I'd like to look at it as feedback to improve the services of the platform instead of its my house, my rules. YouTube ... now that is an interesting house of fly by whatever is the flavor of whomever. I don't like the cases where the platform builds the community and becomes so large and then it gets weird on the rules (monopoly). Looking at the likes on comments in this thread, AN's current policies are working for the majority. I'm in the minority on this, but just saying ... the time frame could be decreased. AN's members, I assume, will eventually weed out those patient trouble makes anyway - ignore, dislike, etc. I'm bored and waiting on those blasted shipping carriers for air gun stuff to arrive today. So less that 2 cents here. :)

I was scammed by a "new member" just some months ago. I'm never going to deal with anyone who hasn't been a member for at least a year or they have to send me the money or item first before I do my part of the deal.

I doubt many people actually want to deal with new members in the classifieds because the likelihood the new member is a scammer is thousands of times higher than if it's a person who's been a member for over a year.

I was scammed by a "new member" just some months ago. I'm never going to deal with anyone who hasn't been a member for at least a year or they have to send me the money or item first before I do my part of the deal.

I doubt many people actually want to deal with new members in the classifieds because the likelihood the new member is a scammer is thousands of times higher than if it's a person who's been a member for over a year.
This may be a conspiracy theory, but had great deals go through on AN classifieds and those with high feedback do not reciprocate to increase the feedback count for me. Find that to be a bit frustrating, especially as the buyer. Just a small fish in a big pond. No one likes to get scammed. I sell more items on auction based sites than these forums, even at much higher costs to both the buyer and seller. I'm not talking about a few bucks, I'm talking hundreds of dollars for that protection/taxes/commissions for buyers and sellers. Forums, are risker in my view. AN has been pretty darn good for me thus far. I had one scammer hit me up but AN mods etc pulled their account. It is handy to see member posts and see where they fall on conversations.

Here is how I rate folks, I can hover over members names and look at their "ratings" if they have zero, I won't purchase. In addition, there is a place on this board where members mention the member's screen name about their positive experience.

At what point do we trust someone? We both have to either buy or sell to receive a "rating score"? Members really need to spent time "getting to know" member(s) by reading their posts? I doubt there are too many scammers making a large number of posts?

I wouldn't buy from myself either! HaHaHa

I'm glad I don't run my life based on this premise. I'd never have met the many "new" members that I have. Wait a year, maybe we will converse in the future.

• Love
Reactions: WoodWelder
I'm glad I don't run my life based on this premise. I'd never have met the many "new" members that I have. Wait a year, maybe we will converse in the future.
100% Sir!
I can tour my motorcycle anywhere in the US and Canada and folks have opened their homes for me to spend the night. I also do the same.

Life is a risk, and I have made many friends by doing so!!!!

This is foremost a community to share, learn, make conversation, the classified is just a byproduct so for people to want to come in just to use the classified is not that they contribute at all ( as you can see if you blink an item has gone to the next page, so the classified is alive and well, no need for more )

There' plenty buy sell sites alone if that is what you want to do.

I personally don't even buy from a member unless I've seen him for several years on the Yellow, GTA or here