• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How does air arms ultimate sporter win air gun of the year?

I like air arms rifles. I have owned a few, and still own a couple. 

i’m just wondering compared to the revolutionary stuff that other manufacturers are doing, how does a fairly plain rifle like this win? It’s a regulated PCPs sporter. Based on the blurb that was posted, it’s a design that’s been out for a long time. It looks very similar to my 400.

Is this a British thing? Does air arms own way more marketshare on the other side of the pond? I rarely see anyone talking about these or posting about these...

opinions?

mike

I thought the same thing. Especially after seeing that the person they pay for marketing cannot spell the word, “shooting.” 
7A1A167F-196F-4C68-8A64-0BC6B96A2B1F.1618359209.jpeg

So I wasn’t the only one that caught the misspelling? 

Is air arms that big in Europe? And specifically in England? Do they have more marketshare over there than here?

And once again I want to make this clear, I’m not bashing air arms at all. I just don’t get it.

I once had a competitor advertise at a show that they were the number one sellers of their own product. I went over there and chatted with them about it. I don’t think they enjoyed the chat. They took the sign down. I hate it when my competition becomes demoralized. But that’s another topic altogether.

mike

Air Arms is a huge air gun manufacturer that are very popular in the UK, the rest of Europe and around the world. Remember, these are the GREAT BRITISH SHOOTING AWARDS. 

Not all of the Ultimate Sporters are 12FPE, In .22 ours shoots around 32FPE.

The general public had the opportunity to vote on all of the categories, I did. 

My wife won an Ultimate Sporter back around Christmas. I was just shooting today. It’s a beautiful air gun that works as it should and is very smooth and accurate. It really is a joy to shoot and grows on me every time I shoot it. Not a powerhouse like my Impact but not everybody is looking for huge power. 

Stoti

Don't get it either. Just WHAT is the criteria used in this "judgment"? That's a blanket statement that deserves some clarification. Best gun in the 12 fpe & below category? I'd vote for my Royale platform guns rather than AA.

It's a democratic process - anyone or business/manufacturer can suggest a candidate then solicit votes; votes are cast and a winner is selected based on the number of votes. There were several candidates and the Impact was one of them, and not the winner because it presumably did not receive enough votes. I would assume that the only criteria was that the candidates were air guns - pretty simple.

And they might well win airgun of the decade if judged on QC, leaks, ..... . Sounds like a bunch of pellet shooters who like reliability fit & finish & accuracy ( out of the box). They do simply preform. That and deserved brand loyalty.

No matter it's all about advertising (where the $$ comes in eh) and they did catch your attention.

John