How do you store your pellets/slugs?

These Plano line spool totes work good to hold the sorted pellets in tins.

Airgun-hobbyist: Do they handle the weight of 6 tins okay? Spools of fishing line would weigh nothing. Do you notice any pellet skirt damage from the tins being on their sides? JSB has foam on the top and bottom but not the sides.

I’m not sure if I want to take them out of the original tins, if I do this packout organizer with bins looks nice:

For leaving them in their tins the PACKOUT™ Tool Case W/ Customizable Insert could potentially store 60 tins (3x5 by 4 tins deep)

Airgun-hobbyist: Do they handle the weight of 6 tins okay? Spools of fishing line would weigh nothing. Do you notice any pellet skirt damage from the tins being on their sides? JSB has foam on the top and bottom but not the sides.

I’m not sure if I want to take them out of the original tins, if I do this packout organizer with bins looks nice:

For leaving them in their tins the PACKOUT™ Tool Case W/ Customizable Insert could potentially store 60 tins (3x5 by 4 tins deep)
The Plano spool tote is pretty heavy duty for it's job, even filled with 6 tins. The latch is secure as well. Unless you are slamming the tins around, it should not damage skirts with tins laying on the side or laying flat. I think thin skirted pellets have more chances of being damaged when fingers are poked into the tins rummaging around to grab a pellet, pushing pellets into one another with some force.

Reactions: attk11
I do have unused tins of pellets still in the original packaging. I use the plastic for field testing. For hunts I usually load up a mag or a pocket of 15 rounds or so and that is it since I'm lucky if I get a couple shots off.
Pellet pens are nice to have/use for this reason too🤗; loads about 15 in .177 and I think 12 in .22 if I remember correctly.

20230112_011607.jpg

That's an epic pouch!🤗 did you make it?
I bought it several years ago from an Australian outfit... can't remember the name. Deadthings dot com or something weird like that. Just search 'cane toad pouch' Sold on all the major shopping sites now. It is super soft and protective and makes no sound while moving... you'll get some strange looks if you're closer to town and filling your tank or having a bite to eat after a day of hunting and you forget to remove the demon frog from your neck.... trust me on that one.