• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How do you store your pellets/slugs?

I keep all my pellets in the original tin. On the JSB pellets tins that are open I use a big rubber bands to keep them together. The H&N pellets are screw on so easy to manage. I use a pellet pouch if I am mobile.

I keep all my open pellet tins in a medium sized plastic bin on my bench. Easy to get to and I usually have a dozen or less open tins at one time. Grab a tin and a rifle and off I go.

I also simply work from the original tins. I typically just have one "open" tin of any particular pellet. When the "open" tin is finished, I start another one. I rotate them, to use the oldest first, thought being there to avoid oxidations. Although I've yet to open a new tin and find oxidized pellets. The oxidation usually is on "open" tins that I've taken a long time in finishing, typically from a variety of pellet that I don't shoot much.

The exception to that is the .22 MRDs. Batches vary so much in how they shoot that I have an "open" tin from each batch for them.

Mine are all in the tin and on a shelf. If mobile, I put a quantity of the days pellet in a pouch.

Except on my last field trip, all my hunting was done from a couch on the porch. In that case I just set the tin in front of me.

The pouch I use belonged to an Uncle that passed in 1956, so it’s older than me. I have been using it since 1976.

1F8F71E5-CC5F-4AAD-9E18-29F8E14309E0.jpeg

73F30D79-6B36-4BAE-B84B-3F0F7AEC47CF.jpeg

Those segmented plastic trays are nice for sorting pellets and slugs by weight also. Once sorted in the trays, the original tins get labeled by sorted weight and used to store them. The NSA slugs comes very consistent for weight so they just stay bagged in their nice boxes unit use. Those big bore rounds don't last me too long anyhow; a box a day at the range many times over.