• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How do you store your airguns?

Training.

I dont lock them up, I train kids to know the use, operation, permission etc. I make sure they never become an attractive nuisance and become just a tool in the shop.

First up is to let them hold them I have rubber mats on the floor so if there is a drop, I just readjust the gun to shoot. I never get short or angry with those that want to shoot them, if I can get them loaded and we can shoot safely, I get everybody that wants to shoot out and get some pellets down range.

I have yet to have anybody even look sideways after they shoot them except those that offer to buy one from me. I have moved 2 guns on to new homes that way.

I'm just not going to bow down to the way this world operates with fear and coddling, I'd rather serve time than bow down.
While I agree with all this in principle, I don’t get to make that choice for other people’s kids, only they get to. Also, very young children are barely rational, so I like having expensive items I don’t want a 3 year old knocking over or dropping secured.

The cabinet works well for me

I have four grandkids ranging from 7 years old to 1 year old. At one point two weeks ago they were all here. The last left Sunday. The entire time they were here my airguns and PBs were locked up. I put four of my PCPs in 2 coffee tables I built, I'll include a couple pictures. The rest are in a drawer under my bed that locks so it cannot be pulled out. The top of the coffee tables lock so they cannot be slid open. I'll get the grand kids trained some day but they are not right now and my daughter and daughter in law are not at all comfortable with guns laying around. I can live without my guns for the brief occasional visits I can get with the grandkids.

coffee table 1.jpg

coffee table 2.jpg

I have four grandkids ranging from 7 years old to 1 year old. At one point two weeks ago they were all here. The last left Sunday. The entire time they were here my airguns and PBs were locked up. I put four of my PCPs in 2 coffee tables I built, I'll include a couple pictures. The rest are in a drawer under my bed that locks so it cannot be pulled out. The top of the coffee tables lock so they cannot be slid open. I'll get the grand kids trained some day but they are not right now and my daughter and daughter in law are not at all comfortable with guns laying around. I can live without my guns for the brief occasional visits I can get with the grandkids.

View attachment 373947

View attachment 373948
How does that table seal? Is there any worry if someone spills a glass of kool-aid or anything like that on it?

It is not sealed but I think it is unlikely anything will get inside unless I open it (slide the top out) with something sitting on the top. That could cause a spill that would run inside. But with the top "closed" water would have to run over the edge of the top and then back along the underside for more than an inch to get to where the guns are. I can't see that happening.

It's hard to see in those pictures but there is a 2 inch wide by 1/2 inch thick U shaped frame on the underside of the top which secures it to the base through full extension drawer slides. On the sides where that frame exists, it would also block material getting inside. The last piece of that "trim" is on the side closest to me and is stationary. That side has the lock. It is just a lock intended for a desk drawer. It rotates up into a slot on the underside of the top. The compartment for the guns is about 3.5 inches deep. There is no issue with magazines or other "dry" material staying on the table top while it is opened.

Reactions: 17dean
I keep my PB's and air rifles in these. Great rifle management, each rifle is segregated from the next even with big glass.

a non obvious "cabinet " is an old refrigerator or better an upright freezer , my friend has a non working freezer in his garage it is on rollers and faces the wall , the cord is duct tapped to the side , the top has not been dusted lately . the opening handel is in the corner so the lock is hidden . Free , out for trash pick up .