How do you ship your airguns?

There are good and bad stories about each of the main shippers. If you search you could find dozens of threads with a wide variety of overall preferences.

For me, it came down to one simple fact.... By company policy (if enforced) UPS and FedEx 'stores' are not permitted to accept airguns for shipment.

Based on what I was told at my local UPS store, I'm not sure this is totally accurate. The local UPS store owner explained that her store was individually owned and operated, I assume under a franchise agreement, since all the signage and supplies are UPS. The policy you quote is totally accurate in her situation, she even read it to me, and airguns are listed specifically as an item unacceptable for her store. But, the local FedEx store accepts air rifles without issue. Again, the UPS store owner explained that as being the case because the FedEx store is company owned, and has the same discretion as the hub in accepting items for shipment. As is often the case, I expect there is misinformation out there, and I do not know, for sure, the status of the FedEx store. I don't want to question them about it, because I might back them into a corner of being unable to accept my air rifle, if they are under similar restrictions as the UPS store. 

I ship using USPS, from where I live they are the least expensive. I have never received a package destroyed using the USPS. I have had packages arrived to me damaged or destroyed using UPS or FEDX. One package from UPS looked like it had been run over and inside was my 2500 air rifle receiver that was damaged. Here is how I box my air rifles up if I need to send them in with or without the stocks..
1584144438_14327853255e6c203677dfa9.61191104.jpg
1584144439_18537370725e6c2037b94286.99867014.jpg
.probably over kill but I KNOW they are protected.