• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How do you reduce the bark of your Leshiy 2 ??

i have a mod40 on my .22 long, and it makes quite a bit of difference.

a solution on the horizon is this, which another member developed and shared recently.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leshiy-2-2/page/147/

shared today.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/leshiy-2-3d-print/page/3/

Looking forward to you releasing this. Will you be generating stl's for calibers other than 5.5mm? I too will be printing this on a mk3s. It's a super printer and well supported.

of course i will release for .22 .25 and .30 (i only tested .22 though).

yeah the printer is amazing but for this specific print.. some post processing is required to ensure the tight tolerances are met because it has to be printed horizontally. which is why I will post a basic tutorial on things to double check... etc

anyways here is the final design.

preferably it should be printed in PETG. PLA suffers from deformation under load based on my experience.

suppressor.1629157838.PNG

will post everything within two days in the weekend.

i have an inexpensive printer on the way, but no idea if i will be able to produce an acceptable product, or how long before i can. i am sure somebody with experience and a better printer will make them and sell them.

Once more people get these in their hands and start tinkering with the nozzles and regulator settings I think we’ll get them down on the decibel meter. Being Canadian I don’t have the luxury of using sound absorbing devices so I’m going to be experimenting once I get some nozzles shipped my way. Big power and short barrels will always be loud , getting the rifles tuned for efficiency is the only way for us to get a noise reduction. For certain these guns as received are not tuned . That’s straight from Ed himself. 

I wonder how much of the noise is from the air blow by between the gun and moderator.

barely any to be honest from my experience. to check you can put the muzzle under a pillow then dry fire it. you will barely hear anything.

the air blowing from the rear of the moderator is actually a welcome thing because it vents the high pressure air building up in the moderator instead of it shooting out the muzzle with the pellet. which is very useful especially if you use my more air restrictive baffle.

some moderators have venting holes at the rear in their design to begin with.

The most effective and practical moderator for my .25/350mm was the .177/.22 long factory moderator! Zero issues, not as quiet as the DonnyFL Emperor, but it did the job.

Wait, what?

Could you post a pic or three of the two inserts from the two long moderators side by side maybe?

I actually don't have the L2 anymore, but the bore of that long factory .177/.22 was more than enough for me to shoot .25! The difference in suppression was significant enough that I chose not to run anything else.

Now that MOD40 setup could be even better, but I can't personally vouch for it.

The most effective and practical moderator for my .25/350mm was the .177/.22 long factory moderator! Zero issues, not as quiet as the DonnyFL Emperor, but it did the job.

Wait, what?

Could you post a pic or three of the two inserts from the two long moderators side by side maybe?

I actually don't have the L2 anymore, but the bore of that long factory .177/.22 was more than enough for me to shoot .25! The difference in suppression was significant enough that I chose not to run anything else.

Now that MOD40 setup could be even better, but I can't personally vouch for it.

Huh. Thanks for the explanation, that's interesting.

I wonder how much of the noise is from the air blow by between the gun and moderator.

barely any to be honest from my experience. to check you can put the muzzle under a pillow then dry fire it. you will barely hear anything.

That makes it sound like you have experience with several Leshiys. So how big is your sample size? 

the air blowing from the rear of the moderator is actually a welcome thing because it vents the high pressure air building up in the moderator instead of it shooting out the muzzle with the pellet. which is very useful especially if you use my more air restrictive baffle.

The baffle sizing on these are pretty loose. Not in fit and finish but in pellet to opening sizing. So that is a wash. 

some moderators have venting holes at the rear in their design to begin with.

To have the moderator vent toward the shooter is a poor design, these do not have vent holes and are not designed to vent in that direction. That is why some are looking to solve this issue. 

Larcat, I placed an order for the 177/22 long moderator this morning. Going to try that one out and see what it does for me in the noise area. 

I also tried a o ring around the barrel, that did not stop the air venting. So that leaves the screws and the seam between the tube and base.