Administrator
Staff member
IMG_2664.jpeg

How much did your setup cost?
How often do you use it?
How often do you perform maintenance?
How reliable is it?

Reactions: qball
Bought 2 new compressors this year. GX CS4 for my Huben and of course it will fill everything. IT FILLS T0 5000 PSI. I DO NOT FILL BOTTLES ! Use it 10 times a week. ( Weather permitting )
Bottle filler I believe is CS3?? IT FILLS TO 4500. I fill 5 bottles a wee. I generally fill the rest of my guns.
Is there a reason you don’t fill bottles with the cx4?

Yong Heng pump. One on left was purchased in 2017. Put a new top end on it in 2022. Not sure how many actual hours are on it. Hour meter shows 17 but It was a couple of years old when I added the meter. I change the oil when it gets really dark. One on right was purchased in November of 23. New one has a heat problem I can’t figure out. Think It also has an electrical problem. It has a delay before it starts running. Will continue to rebuild the old one as long as its running.

IMG_0622.jpeg

Reactions: Tex-Mex
I fill my rifle from a 12 or 9 L bottle ( 300 BAR )
I in turn fill my 12 / 9 L bottle back up from 180-150 BAR to 300 with my " cheap" Chinese ( Tuxing ) copy of a 4 CYL Coltri compressor, i only need to do that about once a month, so far i have about 3 hours on the compressor since May last year.

Dont get me wrong i would dearly love a sweet Alkin / Bauer or similar brand compressor, but with as little as i fill i feel that is a bill i am not ready to cover alone.
My friend that also shoot a little, he also fill his 200 BAR bottle now and then, in turn i fill mine for free at his place where my compressor are placed.
Danish power prices in general top 3 in the world if you look up average KWH prices.

I am still some ways from the recommended first oil change on my compressor.

Also in my 2 floor apartment the only fuse that would handle my compressor is the one for the stove in the kitchen, so not really a option to fill here.
Fortunately on my friends " farm" there was a 400 V outlet ( CEE plug ) in the garage, me being enough of a hobby electrician to know those have a fuse big enough and i just had to tap into one of the 3 phases to get the 230 V the compressor need.

If i had the plug in the apartment i would run the compressor here for sure, it is not really that loud and to boost a bottle back up dont take that long.

PS: boosting my new 9L carbonfiber bottle from the 200 BAR dive shop fill to 300 BAR, that was surprising fast so i got enough over 300 BAR to still have that when the bottle cooled down.
Seem like i have the safety valve a bit too high, so will have to look at that some time during the summer, normally not a problem as we keep a close taps on the working compressor, just not close enough for a " little " 9 L bottle.

I'm lucky in that I posses two Yong Heng units, both gifted to me. One by my neighbor, the other by forum member Mike in Nashville. The one from Mike also included a new piston, so I'm on my first piston replacement, pretty simple job it turns out. But in doing so, I discovered that it OF COURSE needs new gaskets.
Used some high temp gasket in a tube I had on hand, and let her sit overnight. Before the new piston this unit was only good for a 3000 gun fill . First fill w/new piston went to 4000 psi for a 17 ci cf bottle. Have a new piston/gaskets set ordered for the unit gifted by the neighbor( which after the last session, now only gets to 2400), and a new gasket set ordered for Mike's. Total investment so far $80.00 in parts.

Last edited:
I have an Alkin W31 verticle and Daystate Coltri 110 volt compressor. I also still have a Shelden 4.2 CFM Kidde compressor but I haven't used it in a couple of years. I sold the Omega Turbo compressor last year. I hardly ever use them lately because I've been primarily shooting springers since last fall.

shed pix1.jpg

Last edited:
My cascade set up. 45 minute Omega on the left , 60 minute "great White" on the right. The baby "guppy" is for when I head over to a buddy's for shooting. Great fill station and I keep it aired up with my Airetex 45 . Being air independent is a beautiful thing.

View attachment 453934
Very nice setup. +1 on air independence.

Reactions: grackleblast
I have an Alkin W31 verticle and Daystate Coltri 110 volt compressor. I also still have a Shelden 4.2 CFM Kidde compressor but I haven't used it in a couple of years. I sold the Omega Turbo compressor last year. I hardly ever use them lately because I've been primarily shooting springers since last fall.

View attachment 453798
Looks like you got plenty of redundancy.

View attachment 453798
Any plans on selling the Coltri.