Staff member
IMG_2664.jpeg

How much did your setup cost?
How often do you use it?
How often do you perform maintenance?
How reliable is it?

Reactions: qball
I own an Alkin 31 - manual version

She's a great investment. Used to hand pump, then went to shoebox and yongheng. And decided to just take the plunge before they get too expensive. Honestly it's a great machine. Changed the oil once and filter once. Plug in, turn on.. easy. Maybe I have 10 hours on it.
I missed out on the Alkin when they were cheaper. I got tired of searching the classified and all the market place searches. So settled on the Coltri. Hope it lasts a while..😁 Enjoy your Alkin. I’m sure it will server you very well. They are made tough for Hard use!

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
I have an omega air charger, I use it 2-3 time a month to fill my 3L tank. I think I paid $1400 from AGA, maintenance is 2 clicks of grease every 2 hours of operation I believe. And it has a radiator system that needs water and antifreeze that I have not changed yet. This pump fills my 3L tank from 3000 PSI to 4500 PSI in about 8 minutes. It has been very reliable, and operating noise is low. I can run it in my basement and it does not require hearing protection or disturb the up stairs TV watches, not even close to vacuum cleaner noise levels.
I would strongly recommend it to anyone lol k for a tank compressor, only drawback would is it has one large low rpm piston so it’s not fast.

I have an omega air charger, I use it 2-3 time a month to fill my 3L tank. I think I paid $1400 from AGA, maintenance is 2 clicks of grease every 2 hours of operation I believe. And it has a radiator system that needs water and antifreeze that I have not changed yet. This pump fills my 3L tank from 3000 PSI to 4500 PSI in about 8 minutes. It has been very reliable, and operating noise is low. I can run it in my basement and it does not require hearing protection or disturb the up stairs TV watches, not even close to vacuum cleaner noise levels.
I would strongly recommend it to anyone lol k for a tank compressor, only drawback would is it has one large low rpm piston so it’s not fast.
I also have an Omega Aircharger with 38+hrs on it. It is an outstanding compressor. I’ve had it for 3 yrs and it just keeps going. It’ll get a rest briefly as I just bought a Daystate(Coltri) Super Leggero. But I’ll keep using the Aircharger too.😆

Reactions: Revoman
Altaros booster $600 when I bought it. It’s been extremely reliable, no issues in 7 years. I use it to fill my SCBA probably 10 times a year. Pre filter was $250 and high pressure filter was also $250. It’s not fast but it creates no heat to speak of and is very well made. This setup gives me dry air as I have taken my guns apart and they show no signs of moisture.
IMG_1771.jpeg

scubajeeper

So glad to see that your piping is steel and NOT PVC. PVC while okay pressure-wise is NOT a good idea with air at all. As a matter of fact Plumbing Code does NOT allow the use of air for testing at even a low pressure such as 15PSI.
Although I see MANY mechanics shops using PVC for their air line system, I just shake my head, not good.
The analogy is; If you fill a balloon with water and pin a hole in it, the water will more slowly leak out. If you do the same with an air-filled balloon, it violently bursts.
I have seen evidence of this very issue with a large PVC system on a roof. While testing with 50PSI air many years ago, the pipe violently burst causing much damage and injuring a worker badly. When it bursts, is shards pieces everywhere.
Nice drain loops too!

Mike

Reactions: Tex-Mex