How do you compare Sportsmatch adjustable mounts with Eagle Vision adjustable mounts?

I have these eaglevision adjustable mounts, set the scope about 2-3 years ago and never had to readjust again, that is about 30K shots.
For one other scope I have the westhunter adjustable mounts and after some 5K shots still holds strong.
Can't say anything for Sportsmatch, somebody else shall chime in.
I can say the cosmetics on eaglivision is considerably better then all mentioned above, but in performance I cannot justify the price difference .

I use Sportsmatch adjustable (elevation) or fully adjustable mounts (elevation and windage), even using Picatinny to dovetail adapters if necessary. The Sportsmatch mechanism to adjust the elevation is precise down to mms. Eagle Vison is not precise, simply loosening the rings adjusting the position and retightening until you achieve your point of aim. My 2nd choice for mounts are Eagle Vision and I have a couple sets of 30mm (w/1 in inserts) and 34mm. They both hold the adjustments fine. Eagle Visions do have a slicker look to them compared to Sportsmatch, but performance wise in adjusting for POA the Sportsmatch far outclass the Eagle Visions.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I use Sportsmatch adjustable (elevation) or fully adjustable mounts (elevation and windage), even using Picatinny to dovetail adapters if necessary. The Sportsmatch mechanism to adjust the elevation is precise down to mms. Eagle Vison is not precise, simply loosening the rings adjusting the position and retightening until you achieve your point of aim. My 2nd choice for mounts are Eagle Vision and I have a couple sets of 30mm (w/1 in inserts) and 34mm. They both hold the adjustments fine. Eagle Visions do have a slicker look to them compared to Sportsmatch, but performance wise in adjusting for POA the Sportsmatch far outclass the Eagle Visions.
@RedTide This sounds promising. I didn’t realize that there was a mechanism that allows you to make metered adjustments on any adjustable rings. I just may look into some Sportsmatch rings based upon this feature and your description of it. Thank you.

@RedTide do you have a link to the specific sportsmatch rings you are referring to? I don't find any with the elevation adjustment you are referring to even on the sportsmatch site? I'm pretty good with googling may way till i find something but this seems to be an elusive product?

@RedTide do you have a link to the specific sportsmatch rings you are referring to? I don't find any with the elevation adjustment you are referring to even on the sportsmatch site? I'm pretty good with googling may way till i find something but this seems to be an elusive product?

@cavedweller When I looked them up I came across these. Not sure if they’re the same ones he was talking about.

Sportsmatch defines their adjustable mounts 2 ways. Those that are only elevation adjustable are referred to as "Adjustable", whereas those that are both elevation and windage adjustable are referred to as "Fully Adjustable". Both types of mounts are preceded by "ATP". They also make 1pc 30mm and 1 inch mounts - AOP. For example: ATP-61 2pc 30mm Adjustable, ATP-65 2pc 1 inch Fully Adjustable, ATP-66 2pc 30mm Fully Adjustable, ATP-34 2pc 34mm Fully Adjustable, AOP-56 1pc 30mm Fully Adjustable.

Near every dealer carries them.

Nope, no incremental scale is marked on the mounts, it's not needed. Do take note of the method of adjustment on the back of the packaging. How much vertical or horizontal movement occurring is determined by how much you turn the adjusting Allen screw. After unlocking the appropriate Allen screw(s) on the mounts, 1/4 turn of the elevation adjusting Allen screw will result in approximately a 30mm rise or drop of the POI at 25 meters. 1/4 turn of the windage adjusting Allen screw will result in approximately a 40mm left or right movement of the POI at 25 meters. If you want less or more movement of the POI turn the Allen wrench less or more. I've zeroed scopes, still at factory zero or set to optical zero, at 25, 30 and 35 yds without ever touching the turrets.

Reactions: cavedweller
i have some of these but they don't have a method of incremental measured adjustment on them ?
@RedTide I have no idea what was meant below.

I use Sportsmatch adjustable (elevation) or fully adjustable mounts (elevation and windage), even using Picatinny to dovetail adapters if necessary. The Sportsmatch mechanism to adjust the elevation is precise down to mms. Eagle Vison is not precise, simply loosening the rings adjusting the position and retightening until you achieve your point of aim…

...How much vertical or horizontal movement occurring is determined by how much you turn the adjusting Allen screw. .... rise or drop...left or right ...If you want less or more movement of the POI turn the Allen wrench less or more. ...
And btw how much you torquing the scope tube with that? especially if you don't have a plastic sleeve...

Nope, no incremental scale is marked on the mounts, it's not needed. Do take note of the method of adjustment on the back of the packaging. How much vertical or horizontal movement occurring is determined by how much you turn the adjusting Allen screw. After unlocking the appropriate Allen screw(s) on the mounts, 1/4 turn of the elevation adjusting Allen screw will result in approximately a 30mm rise or drop of the POI at 25 meters. 1/4 turn of the windage adjusting Allen screw will result in approximately a 40mm left or right movement of the POI at 25 meters. If you want less or more movement of the POI turn the Allen wrench less or more. I've zeroed scopes, still at factory zero or set to optical zero, at 25, 30 and 35 yds without ever touching the turrets.
Wow I had no idea

interesting.... i'm not a bubble level fan boy myself... what's in the reticle is what matters to me. if i need a bubble level i usually mount it on the dove tail or pic rail directly.
I have 2 sets of eagle vision mounts that work and look very nice , but the bubble level are not there best work .
For me mounting a level has to be on the rail .

Reactions: cavedweller