How do you all make your indoor pellet traps?

I used something like this one:

20mm thick..

Glued it with spray glue and i can say - it works perfect :) Allmost no noise

Reactions: GeneT
The rubber mat goes on the outside, much like the coating under SS kitchen sinks.
Sorry, I was unclear. I understand that you put the matting on the outside and that was the impetus for my question. I was wondering how well matting on the outside worked since my design is not amenable to interior matting. Your answer was informative. Thanks again,

GsT

Sorry, I was unclear. I understand that you put the matting on the outside and that was the impetus for my question. I was wondering how well matting on the outside worked since my design is not amenable to interior matting. Your answer was informative. Thanks again,

GsT
Any time!!

I cannot swear how well it would work in this instance, but I HAVE coated a few things in my life (like a SS sink, and a steel tank) with rubber & adhesive, and it made a big difference. If I were you, I'd try it with some spray adhesive (less permanent), and see if you liked it. Then if it works well, adhere the mats with something like Dicor or marine sealant; spread it on with a spatula, clamp or weight for a few hours, and you'd be in business.

This never actually happens in my experience. The cardboard box ends up needing replacement long before penetrating the mulch is an issue.

GsT
Nothing wrong sticking with what works. Then again, I've always used a backstop, even though my own homegrown traps (made from the cut-up cardboard boxes in which the junk we buy online is delivered) stop pellets from goin' clean through every sheet of stuffing and on out the back (all cardboard) of the trap. Even so, I still want something like a 4x4 piece of inch thick plywood (two, if available), or something similar, made out of whatever ends and odds were lyin' around, behind my trap or target(s), just in case. Works for me, but I'm partial to both a belt -and- suspenders approach to this kind of setup. ;-) Besides, it certainly doesn't hurt to put a little extra effort into being sure I don't hole the wall or anything (or anyone) important indoors, much less have a pellet get through the fence between our back yard and that of the next-door neighbors; 'definitely don't want to endanger the relations that make it possible to shoot out there. Whatever works, I suppose.