How do you all make your indoor pellet traps?

...I see the problem...unavailable for delivery and not in stock near me...I won't go to a store now anyway...

...I see some at Amazon @ $49 for 40 lbs but it has non metallic fibers in it...is that normal or typical...???...

....it is from recycled tires...it is too much $$$ but what is with the fibers...???...

Unless you live in the most of remote places, there is bound to be a retailer near you that has some. It's made from shredded tires. I don't bother to look at the fibers, but I don't think there is any metal in it because it is meant to be used in gardens, etc. I could see a liability problem if a person impales their foot while walking on the thing barefoot. I would call around the general area and them hire someone to deliver to you. Or just use old towels or something like jean, etc. I like the Rubber Mulch the best, but if it was prohibitively expensive or just not available, I'd figure something out that did not involve Rubber Mulch. 

Before I heard of using a plastic box and rubber mulch I bought a Do All rim fire bullet trap. It works great except it’s loud and a little messy because the lead splashes back out of the trap a little. When I heard about using rubber mulch I thought that was as much better idea so I stuffed my bullet trap with the rubber mulch and tape a couple of layers of cardboard over the front. It’s quiet and I don’t have to worry about pass throughs even towards the top of the trap where the mulch is thinnest due to the angled backdrop because it’s a a bullet trap. No lead dust and splash back and it’s not all that messy if you tape up the hole you shoot in the cardboard before it gets too big and the mulch starts leaking out. My 30+ fpe Marauder and Akela have yet to hit the steel backstop as far as I can tell. I wouldn’t suggest going out and buying a bullet trap to turn it into a mulch trap but if you already have one might as well use it. 

91389623-6752-4E62-9C90-26EB602E39F8.1604436114.jpeg

I could not find any rubber nuggets or mulch anywhere locally, and couldn't get orders through from Home Depot, Lowes, or even my local Ace Hardware. So I called the local Ace, and was told that they can't get it as it is a 'restricted product' ?!?

So I don't know if it is my county (and the one next door as well), or the glorious People's Replublic of Kommifornia, but I have to get mine from friends who smuggle it over the border when traveling home from NV or AZ.

Yeah, you definitely want to restrict access to a recycled product so that we can toss more old tires into landfills.

...I bought some over the phone...they didna wanna do it but they did...

...I bought one 40# bag and a five gallon Rubbermaid trash can...$13...two young ladies delivered it to the back of the truck... 

...I will place a 5/8" piece of particle board behind it...ain't shot it none yet...

...methinks I will just leave the mulch in the plastic bag it came in...

...I am using a regular .22 trap now but that is loud and splatters lead...tears up the targets...sprays aboot the room...

...the cardboard/newspaper boxes start to make a mess pretty quiclkly...there is getting to be a bit of confetti aboot the place...

I could not find any rubber nuggets or mulch anywhere locally, and couldn't get orders through from Home Depot, Lowes, or even my local Ace Hardware. So I called the local Ace, and was told that they can't get it as it is a 'restricted product' ?!?

So I don't know if it is my county (and the one next door as well), or the glorious People's Replublic of Kommifornia, but I have to get mine from friends who smuggle it over the border when traveling home from NV or AZ.

Yeah, you definitely want to restrict access to a recycled product so that we can toss more old tires into landfills.

...Amazon will sell you a bag shipped "free" for $30...the same item as the $7 bag from Home Depot....

HVAC putty from Home Depot. Make a wooden box.... cut four pieces of 2x4 at 9", screw together, thick plywood on back face. insert four 1lb bricks. perfect.

1 lb. Plug Duct Seal Compound

Binder clip on top to hold target paper.

Extra Large Binder Clips

I've been shooting mine for 8 months without an issue other than it has become quite HEAVY.

Again... I also shoot crossbows, so I gave this a try with the pellet guns. Works great.

I use an archery target like this - https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/field-logic-black-hole-18-block-archery-target-15floublckhl18xxxaro/15floublckhl18xxxaro

.The .22 pellets only go about 1-1/2" to 2" into this foam target/backstop. I put a paper target on the face, replace the paper as required. You can use all sides, should last MANY years before needing replacing. AND, there is NO cleanup..! Nothing comes off of the foam.

Mine is somewhat thick to stop high powered crossbow arrows. As the face becomes more full of holes, I'm going to remove about 2" from the face and see what the new surface looks like. There are many sizes and prices to choose from.

Mike

I buy mine from the garden dept at Lowes