• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How do you aim your red dot?

Talking to shooters at the range I find them saying they aim with the dot center.
How can you shoot small targets that way?
I put the point of impact on top of the dot, and it works well for small targets, like a brass bead on the front sight.
I also set my dot sights to aim like this. Up to about 25 yrds, the dot is under the target, As the distance the dot rises, into the target. I don't shoot past about 60 / 70 yrds., and the dot still works fine at those distances.
Plus, it allows the "covering" of the target at distance. Some use magnifiers to increase the red dots distance.
Better dot sights are 2MOA dot sizes. The EOTech, holographic sights us a 1MOA dot. I have three of the EOTech sights. One red, two green. Except for the overall size & cost...I like the EOTechs.

Mike

Reactions: .20calguy
I aim with the dot in the center also.
How do you shoot small targets like shot shells or wirenuts?
Unless you're very close you'll cover the target. I'm zeroed at 25 yards, and can shoot CO2 cartridges off the shelf by just touching the top of the dot to the cartridge. I'm shooting supported, from a bag of course.

20230710_124428.jpg