• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana How can I lighten the trigger pull on a Diana 23 direct sear trigger?

Molly grease on the actual sear contacts improved the feel and predictability of my sons model 20. I tried the lube in desperation and wouldnt recommend it on any other sear.

I might give that a try, nothing to lose but another trigger disassembly to remove it if necessary..
I plan on getting a spare trigger to see if a simple exchange might work, and also enable a little careful experimental honing for the next step. I know I'm not messing with the piston rod end.

As I've written, probably more than once, and stated many times, simple triggers respond well to simple trigger-smithing techniques; those being weaker trigger and/or sear springs, and moly-lubing of sear surfaces. But as I've also ALWAYS disclaimered when stating that, I take no responsibility whatsoever for anyone acting on that statement.

"You can't teach common sense." Also, "common sense in an uncommon commodity."

Proceed cautiously, and test thoroughly for safe/UNsafe sear retention. Anyone that doesn't understand every word of this post should never attempt trigger-smithing any gun more powerful than airsoft.

Correction- POP GUN.