How can I get squirrels to my yard?

I have a quarter acre of land, and I have no squirrels in my backyard! How do I get the squirrels to my yard? they seem to be all over my street running all over the place and 10 or so dead ones on the street. 

I'm putting out peanuts, black oil sunflower seeds, dried corn (on the cob and loose) I also have blueberries in my yard. And nothing! I do have a dog but she doesn't Chase Birds squirrels or anything. She's just a lazy lab that just watches everything walk by her so I know it's not her chasing them away. How can I get them on my land?

Off the ground bird feeders, in other words bird feeders that are on stakes that are about 4 to 5 feet off the ground. The squirrels see the birds feeding, they know it's safe, and it is an easy target for them. I think these work better than spreading food on the ground as they can see the feeders rather than scrounging for ground food. Hope this helps.

My personal observation, I can spread sunflower seeds on the ground, even in piles and they never seem to find them. Put them in the bird feeder and they are fighting each other to climb the feeder post. Crazy critters. lol.

Now do not get me wrong. I love to shoot things and do. I see people posting pics of game animals, yes squirrels add bunnies. I’d be careful of what you post, you could get a knock on the door from your local game and fish. So to bait tree squirrels into your yard probably issues there. Don’t jump all over me guys. I’m retired now and no longer worried about this kind of thing, but the young guys out there just like to make cases. Just be careful.

Reactions: JimNM
The bird feeder is the way to go. It has bird food in it so its for the birds if anyone asks. The squirrels are being thinned out due to them eating the bird food. 

Thats my take on the collared doves that come in to my yard and feed under the bird feeder. I am not baiting them, just keeping the food for all the tweeter birds and the freezer full also.

Now do not get me wrong. I love to shoot things and do. I see people posting pics of game animals, yes squirrels add bunnies. I’d be careful of what you post, you could get a knock on the door from your local game and fish. So to bait tree squirrels into your yard probably issues there. Don’t jump all over me guys. I’m retired now and no longer worried about this kind of thing, but the young guys out there just like to make cases. Just be careful.

Kinda agree here. Not a huge issue but baiting them is a little iffy in a lot of states.

Tree rats. There are 3 things which attract them. Trees close together to stay off ground, fresh water and food. My neighborhood has had a very bad issue with tree rats. They break into attics, eat wiring on vehicles left outside and have even destroyed a boat's interior on dock boat lift. We live surrounded by water on 3 sides and the home construction has cause them to migrate to our property that is near the point. In 3 years I have taken 600+ on our property alone. Be careful what you wish for. They are just rats with fluffy tails and can carry all kind of diseases.

M

Reactions: Glem.Chally
You would have more fun shooting sparrows off your feeder they make a nice puff of feathers
1f602.svg

"Puff of feathers" Yes sir!!!. Love that puff.. 

Squirrels are destructive critters and they are responsible for more springer and PCP sales and all the youtube videos combined.. 

You do not want them on your property. Birds are way less destructive and "almost as fun" to shoot.. 

You would have more fun shooting sparrows off your feeder they make a nice puff of feathers
1f602.svg

"Puff of feathers" Yes sir!!!. Love that puff.. 

Squirrels are destructive critters and they are responsible for more springer and PCP sales and all the youtube videos combined.. 

You do not want them on your property. Birds are way less destructive and "almost as fun" to shoot.. 

I don’t have them on my property or my neighbors 😱