• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HOW BOUT’ THEM WILDCATS? LIGHT VS DARK SIDES...

JoeKool...Just wanted to say thank you for all the very informative information you put out there for us. I know there are many out there that appreciate your time and effort. Mine will arrive tomorrow and also got the sniper .25 and probably won't sleep tonight with the anticipation of it coming. Tony from TalonTunes has it tuned up and ready to go and I guess you all know what I'll be doing this weekend 😁

I have the wildcat mk2 in .22 500mm barrel. Its my favorite gun to shoot. very accurate good shot count (cheep to shoot) 500 pellets in a tin. I drilled a hole in the synthetic stock so easy access to hammer spring adjuster. It has a pp and is set to shoot the 18gr jsb's around 920+ and 5 mags on a 225 bar fill (40) shots. Alot of you have seen it already but ... I like showing it off lol. Athlon midas 2.5-15x50 on top.

21.1600821391.JPG

@joekool Thanks, I plan on a review as time allows. The gun is new to me and gave me a few headaches. Got it dialed in thanks to a very generous member. However, it still doesn’t shoot the 10.34s and that has me bummed. I had sent you a PM as well, but must have not gone through.

Great! She’s probably to hot for the 10.34’s... 910 to 930 fps they’d shoot sweet!

I just ordered a mk3 sniper.22 from Tony last night. Anyone happen to know how many shots are needed for the regulator to get broken in? I also heard that even though these guns say fill to 250 bar, now fx is saying don’t fill past 230 bar. Any insight would be appreciated. Yes I am stoked about it.

I’d say if you shot through a full 500 tin that regulator would be like hot-n-ready spaghetti.

JoeKool...Just wanted to say thank you for all the very informative information you put out there for us. I know there are many out there that appreciate your time and effort. Mine will arrive tomorrow and also got the sniper .25 and probably won't sleep tonight with the anticipation of it coming. Tony from TalonTunes has it tuned up and ready to go and I guess you all know what I'll be doing this weekend 
1f601.svg

Man, I know the feeling! Enjoy that joker! And, go to sleep dude!

I have the wildcat mk2 in .22 500mm barrel. Its my favorite gun to shoot. very accurate good shot count (cheep to shoot) 500 pellets in a tin. I drilled a hole in the synthetic stock so easy access to hammer spring adjuster. It has a pp and is set to shoot the 18gr jsb's around 920+ and 5 mags on a 225 bar fill (40) shots. Alot of you have seen it already but ... I like showing it off lol. Athlon midas 2.5-15x50 on top.

21.1600821391.JPG

How bout’ that Wildcat! Show it off, be proud! It’s a fine airgun!

Mine in .22 compact version. Mind blowing accurate with that 500 mm Superior barrel. Easy to tune. I have the Ernst Rowe 1.2” extra plenum installed and that makes the adjustment hole of the regulator fully accessible without having to take the stock off. Delta Titanium 2.5-15 x56 scope makes a great combo for all sorts of shooting. “Tier One” ( high) mounts holding things nicely together and an “off set” mount from Madritsch gives space for accessoiries ( I.R. , flashlight , laser ....) and topped off with a HUMA modular silencer that keeps sound to a minimum level. Couldn’t ask for more. 40 FPE is what I am shooting with this wild beauty ! 
GROAARRR !!!!

g.
37AFD066-5A89-4583-B527-4D4D90CE9C01.1600882032.jpeg

Mine in .22 compact version. Mind blowing accurate with that 500 mm Superior barrel. Easy to tune. I have the Ernst Rowe 1.2” extra plenum installed and that makes the adjustment hole of the regulator fully accessible without having to take the stock off. Delta Titanium 2.5-15 x56 makes a great combo for all sorts of shooting.
37AFD066-5A89-4583-B527-4D4D90CE9C01.1600882032.jpeg

Nice rig!!! Bet it shoots very sweet!

I found a dark side for my new wildcat...It's too dam addictive and after coming home and kissing the wife hello and talking with the kids a little I'm out on the back porch shooting. Luckily I have woods behind me and a nice 100 yard range setup but man I'm going through pellets fast. Coming from a single load condor to a 16 shot magazine is like pure heaven lol. Love how accurate this thing is and so glad that I have a compressor and an Airhog tank because I could never use the hand pump as much as I'm shooting.

I have the MK I in 177. I am really pleased with it.

Most, if not all, may have been stated by now but here are my observations. i don’t think there is a dark side to these pups but there are some areas that could be improved.

Love the simplicity of the magazines. Down side is low magazine shot count. A nice round number like 10 would have been better than 8 shots especially in 177. Also the sharp edge of the pawl that advances the magazine needs to be addressed before it leaves the factory. It drags across the mags and gouges them.

No external way to adjust the HST without modifying the stock. Such a pain to remove the action to dial in the HST. The other gripe is that the whatchamacallit that you turn to adjust the HST doesn’t stay put unless it’s thread locked or somehow modified to NOT go out of adjustment. I have 3 FX rifles and they all do this same thing.

No 3 position power adjuster like the Royale series and Streamline guns. I have found this to be a VERY useful feature to get three repeatable power settings with a simple turn of the dial. I think the Wildcat would be the cats meow if it had this option.

One more thing would be a bottle option for the gun for more on board air. Its not really a problem the way it is and the looks are much nicer with the cylinder but a larger capacity bottle would be a super to have.

I love the side clocking lever location by the trigger hand. Very easy to get to. It would be nice if the gun was made to be able to swap the lever to the other side for shooters that would prefer it (lefty). A magnet or some other keeper to hold the cocking lever back when the gun isn’t held level or pointing up when changing a magazine. If it’s shot from a horizontal position on a bench all the time it’s not an issue but out in the field doing mag changes with the muzzle pointing down, gravity causes the side lever to fall forward bringing the pellet probe forward either holding the magazine in the rifle or keeping the new mag from being inserted into the gun unless the lever is held back.

I like the original ST barrels from FX. I have owned 4 FX rifles and still have three of them. All have had the ST barrels and shot great. I personally don’t like the way FX has gone with the barrel liner system. It’s just not my thing.

It’s like most any gun there are Going to be quirks to work around but these are some of the ones that I thought of as I have used my Wildcat. Seems like everything was negative but I really like my Wildcat. I think it can be refined and improved to make a great gun MAGNIFICENT!

11B6F9E7-0E80-488A-A701-AB1107DEB05B.1601203459.jpeg

0D4C9A10-4EEE-4A4C-8B7D-5816C10D205D.1601203488.jpeg

I have the MK I in 177. I am really pleased with it.

Most, if not all, may have been stated by now but here are my observations. i don’t think there is a dark side to these pups but there are some areas that could be improved.

Love the simplicity of the magazines. Down side is low magazine shot count. A nice round number like 10 would have been better than 8 shots especially in 177. Also the sharp edge of the pawl that advances the magazine needs to be addressed before it leaves the factory. It drags across the mags and gouges them.

No external way to adjust the HST without modifying the stock. Such a pain to remove the action to dial in the HST. The other gripe is that the whatchamacallit that you turn to adjust the HST doesn’t stay put unless it’s thread locked or somehow modified to NOT go out of adjustment. I have 3 FX rifles and they all do this same thing.

No 3 position power adjuster like the Royale series and Streamline guns. I have found this to be a VERY useful feature to get three repeatable power settings with a simple turn of the dial. I think the Wildcat would be the cats meow if it had this option.

One more thing would be a bottle option for the gun for more on board air. Its not really a problem the way it is and the looks are much nicer with the cylinder but a larger capacity bottle would be a super to have.

I love the side clocking lever location by the trigger hand. Very easy to get to. It would be nice if the gun was made to be able to swap the lever to the other side for shooters that would prefer it (lefty). A magnet or some other keeper to hold the cocking lever back when the gun isn’t held level or pointing up when changing a magazine. If it’s shot from a horizontal position on a bench all the time it’s not an issue but out in the field doing mag changes with the muzzle pointing down, gravity causes the side lever to fall forward bringing the pellet probe forward either holding the magazine in the rifle or keeping the new mag from being inserted into the gun unless the lever is held back.

I like the original ST barrels from FX. I have owned 4 FX rifles and still have three of them. All have had the ST barrels and shot great. I personally don’t like the way FX has gone with the barrel liner system. It’s just not my thing.

It’s like most any gun there are Going to be quirks to work around but these are some of the ones that I thought of as I have used my Wildcat. Seems like everything was negative but I really like my Wildcat. I think it can be refined and improved to make a great gun MAGNIFICENT!

That's a fine looking piece of equipment you have there!

I have a Mk1 in .22, and I have some of the same minor gripes as you detailed, and some things (like the cocking lever falling forward when muzzle is pointed down) I hadn't realised were a bit irritating until I read your post! You're spot on though.
The mag indexing bar that drags across and gouges the mag is really poor. It's a straightforward fix, but it shouldn't be necessary.

I don't have any issues with the lack of adjustability...mine is sensational as it came to me. It shoots the 18.13gr JSBs at 880fps and consistently put the pellet where I want it. I'm confident that it's more inherently accurate than my Impact Mk2 and Dreamline (both STX).

I found a dark side for my new wildcat...It's too dam addictive and after coming home and kissing the wife hello and talking with the kids a little I'm out on the back porch shooting. Luckily I have woods behind me and a nice 100 yard range setup but man I'm going through pellets fast. Coming from a single load condor to a 16 shot magazine is like pure heaven lol. Love how accurate this thing is and so glad that I have a compressor and an Airhog tank because I could never use the hand pump as much as I'm shooting.

Sounds, like a similar back yard shooting setup to my own. Definitely a Wildcat’s Light-Side, just plain old fun to shoot!

MAGNIFICENT!

Magnificent, sums it all up!

WHAT A BEAUTY!!

I'd love to shoot one. They look great! Has anyone contemplated a 600 mm .25 liner?? THAT would positively ROCK!

The WC MKII .25 standard, originally had a 600mm barrel and liner. Like the MKII .25 pictured:

A4B2F31C-1153-49F6-8B47-7E3C09592242.1601253006.jpeg

i'm amazed everytime i take my mk2 .30 hunting, it always is spot on and never a problem.

i have neck shot several deer with it and taken many hogs from a tripod.

i shoot nicks 47.5gr dbhp with great accuracy out to 50yrds which is my max distance for hunting

medium size game with it.

Neck shot with a .30 cal. Wildcat MKII! I would love to see that on a video!!

Oh man that’s cool!