HOW BOUT’ THEM WILDCATS? LIGHT VS DARK SIDES...

Hello AirgunNation Peoples,

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here. Life...

Five months with my personalized and self tuned WILDCAT MKIII SNIPER .25 and the experience thus far. Motivated me to relay the Light-Side and the Dark-side of ownership. I’ll display the Light vs. Dark in list form beneath a photo.. Feel free to follow suit with your own facts and opinions in comments as well?

THE LIGHT-SIDE:

1C13FEAF-8971-4B51-9B7A-69884EF00514.1600724971.jpeg

💡 This bull-pup style airgun is very ergonomic, a natural substantial feel, and easy to shoulder, 

💡 With it’s barrel length and barrel quality it easily shoots a wide variety of ammunition including most all high grade pellets and slugs of various weights accurately.

💡 It has been the ideal airgun hunting weapon for free-hand woods walking, stalking, and even, static shooting stick supported or bipod rested firing positions.

💡 It has proven to be a simple airgun to customize and tune for my own preferences.

💡 Power is easily adjusted from low, ideal, and high output. Making this WILDCAT SNIPER MKIII in .25 caliber a versatile/adaptable weapon for a variety of situations.

💡 Consistency and Reliability.... Nuff said.

💡 Stealthy, Sleek, and Efficient.

💡 A very capable target eliminating machine!

THE DARK-SIDE:

07050DDD-CE18-4BD7-91F5-95D680C4B553.1600726526.jpeg

👺 NONEXISTENT.

JOEKOOL...

MKII X-liner in .177

LIGHT: Excellent Ergos, *Easy to work on, Good trigger, Awesomely simple little magazine, Lightweight & well balanced, Comfortable cheek rest, 

It likes 13.43 Monsters. 8 @ 30 yards. 

5DDD48AC-9367-47B5-8B4A-C7006018BD82.1600801023.jpeg

DARK: Some tools needed are specialized or proprietary tools, You can’t just throw a Wika on there, must be an FX gauge, Will need to carve out rear of stock or remove the stock every single time you want to adjust the hammer spring, No easy way to single load, No anti-double loading feature........

I have a gen 1 wildcat in .22...I have never had a single issue with it in the 4 years I've had it. Still shoots a ragged hole at 35 yds. Never even cleaned the barrel!

I'm looking to get a MkIII in .25, but I'm holding out for a walnut or laminate stock option. UA doesn't have any timeline, but they aren't saying it won't be offered.

BTW...Where did you find the sweet barrel band/pic rail?

I have a gen 1 wildcat in .22...I have never had a single issue with it in the 4 years I've had it. Still shoots a ragged hole at 35 yds. Never even cleaned the barrel!

I'm looking to get a MkIII in .25, but I'm holding out for a walnut or laminate stock option. UA doesn't have any timeline, but they aren't saying it won't be offered.

BTW...Where did you find the sweet barrel band/pic rail?

SMWENGINEERING, based in the UK. For now, he only takes international orders via email. Takes a while to ship to the USA because of the current “beer virus“ situation. Prior to that, his website orders were fast to the USA considering they traveled from the UK. Was about 7 to 10 days. Now, possibly 6 weeks. But, trust me the product is worth the wait.

Link:
https://smwengineering.co.uk/collections/fx-wildcat/products/fx-wildcat-barrel-clamp-and-mount

email:

Look under “Contact Me”. Within the above link.

Great post, Joe! Thorough, as expected, and very welcoming to opinions the way you laid it out.

since I’ve followed all your posts, with all your guns, Ive garnished enough info to say this fairly about your comment of “non existent” to the dark side. And here it is-

“YOUR VERSION of the gun is non existent. Sales of the 25 sniper could still be blossoming, but yours will still be what everyone is looking for and expecting”

That’s how I took it.

Mixed opinions out there... But, that’s good! Some valid DARK-SIDE views. No left handed or wood stock versions are definitely true statements. Barrel length is more of a preference, but still valid for some. The Wildcat MKIII is still hard to get ahold of for the great majority also.. “Out of Stock” almost everywhere.

On the topic of the mods I’ve done there’s really not much there. About $200-ish bucks of part upgrades. A couple of new gauges, a huma dual transfer port, a plenum extension, and a barrel band. Plus, some AMP regulator and hammer spring adjustments at no extra cost excluding time. Pending part availability any guy could add these mods.

Glad for some agreement on the LIGHT-SIDE in the accuracy department. Thanks for all comments so far.

I really like shooting my mkIII, except from a table. It's the worst to get rested on a bag AND snugged up to my shoulder! It really makes me wish I had more than 25 yards. We're moving next year, so I am holding out for a couple acres :)

Compared to my 600mm dreamline, I find no need for a barrel band. In fact, I have one of the SWM Engineering ones if someone wants it. PM me and it's yours for the cost of postage.

I really like my wildcat MK3 with the 500mm barrel. It will shoot one hole groups at 50 yards and is the prefect squirrel gun. I can get about 48 accurate shots at around 888fps with the Hades pellets. I have not had any leaking or other issues. I had to adjust the regulator pressure down slightly went it finally broke in. In my opinion this is the best grey squirrel gun on the market! Shot this one off the wife's bird feeder at 40 yards....(Note the shot placement!). 

MK3Squirel.1600804397.jpg

I really like my wildcat MK3 with the 500mm barrel. It will shoot one hole groups at 50 yards and is the prefect squirrel gun. I can get about 48 accurate shots at around 888fps with the Hades pellets. I have not had any leaking or other issues. I had to adjust the regulator pressure down slightly went it finally broke in. In my opinion this is the best grey squirrel gun on the market! Shot this one off the wife's bird feeder at 40 yards....(Note the shot placement!). 

MK3Squirel.1600804397.jpg

Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about!!!

👍🏽👍🏽

MKII X-liner in .177

LIGHT: Excellent Ergos, *Easy to work on, Good trigger, Awesomely simple little magazine, Lightweight & well balanced, Comfortable cheek rest, 

It likes 13.43 Monsters. 8 @ 30 yards. 

5DDD48AC-9367-47B5-8B4A-C7006018BD82.1600801023.jpeg

DARK: Some tools needed are specialized or proprietary tools, You can’t just throw a Wika on there, must be an FX gauge, Will need to carve out rear of stock or remove the stock every single time you want to adjust the hammer spring, No easy way to single load.......

Yessir! 13.43 Monsters out of a WC MKII.177, equal head shots.

pretty group!

WC MKII’s still get it done! For sure!

My .25 has been resting, in pristine condition ready for action. Whenever it’s turn comes up.

B3826E99-8591-4D7F-BCFB-032714DCDFA6.1600812082.jpeg