How big is Airgun Nation?

Like many of the relative newbies here, I found out about modern airguns through YouTube. From there, I found this site and fell all the way down the rabbit hole. I had no idea about this history of the site until this post, but I’m not surprised Ted was the founder. Michael, you have done a great job taking this site and running with it. I check this site before I read the news. 

Thanks for the AGN history lesson. I did not know how or who started AGN.

Many thanks to Michael for keeping it going! I ran an online fishing forum long ago and a dial-up BBS before that, so I sort of understand many of the issues he encounters.

And thanks to all the great users who make this forum a fun and informative place to visit... daily! (grin)

Thanks for the background on AGN. The forum has been great for me. I don't have an air rifle retailer near me, and have only found one other person here who shoots serious pcp rifles here. (We connected through AGN!)

I'm a relative newbie and AGN has been a constant source of help, education and encouragement. I've met some wonderful people, gotten lots of help, and purchased and sold several air rifles and equipment.

Again, thank you! 

Well, I for one am not ticked what so ever. I had the same decision to make and make. it. My custom Knives were in top demand around the world. My wife became ill with a non curable life threatening disease and I had the choice to keep here alive or stay in the business. 

I was shocked at how many collectors and dealers that told me that I had put too much into it to leave it and suggested I leave my Wife. 

I was shocked and disgusted that so many people told me to take money and fame over family. Really? Leave your faithful and very loving Wife in the time of here most need to be alone in the world worst time in her life? What kind of Man, or coward would do this. Throw a needy family member out like trash? What tf???

So now what was one of the most sterling reputations in Custom Knife Making is now exactly the opposite. 

I can live with that. And do so, not happily, but I can feel good about my decision non the less. Yes, we lost almost everything and now live like poppers when we made very good money. And in my book it was the best decision I ever made and would do it again in a heart beat. She feels very guilty. Well, no one can help it when tragedy arrives, and neither can She. I don't blame her one bit. It was my decision. and I stand by it. Family first. Money and Fame be damned. 

Good for you Ted, Good for you! You have my deepest respect!

Michael has been doing a fine job since taking the reins, and it is NOT an easy task. 

On a side note, I have a shop full of very expensive equipment. Yes it brings a tear to my eyes sometimes to look at it, but I turned lemons into lemon aid. I now use my time designing and testing Air Gun Slugs. Now I get to shoot here in the Fine Texas weather almost every day. Something could never do before. So not so bad! Not so bad at all. Woo-Hoo!!! Knife

I commend anyone ready and willing to be a moderator and a website owner of a forum like this. Lots of strong personalities. I also have even more respect for Ted.

At 56 with my equally crazy 82 yo father we have discovered PCP air rifles. At our country house we shoot right out of the dining room. Lol Pops discovered YouTube and Andy and Ted were his faves. Pops had to slow down on archery. So he is loving shooting the PCPs.

This is a great forum, Archery Talk was sold to an ad company, never the same. Keep going Michael! 

Jim

Someday, hopefully many, many years from now, I see that little girl, all grown up, reading Ted's letter at his Life Celebration and Homegoing. All will know, and agree, that there was a REAL man, a REAL father and a REAL example to all. Don't expect to see a dry eye in the place, nor should there be. Ted, you've done not only your family a great service, but all the rest of us, as well. God Bless You,

WM 

Someday, hopefully many, many years from now, I see that little girl, all grown up, reading Ted's letter at his Life Celebration and Homegoing. All will know, and agree, that there was a REAL man, a REAL father and a REAL example to all. Don't expect to see a dry eye in the place, nor should there be. Ted, you've done not only your family a great service, but all the rest of us, as well. God Bless You,

WM

+1 !!!

Pretty sure you nailed a very common sentiment here! Family always trumps everything else. Go Knife and Ted!

At 63 years old and still shooting an air rifle — well QUITE FRANKLY I FELT A LITTLE EMBARRASSED.

Then I discovered this forum and PCP's.....

Yeah, we should all be embarrassed for shooting airguns at our respective ages....

NOT!!! 🤣

Because in all of us lives that little boy. And that little boy is the one that keeps shooting airguns at age 63, or 52, or 74, or 85....! 😄

Matthias

Airgun shooting is not embarrassing at all....contrary! I do not shoot firearms (only shot M-16s with Uncle Sam), but one can say with certainty that it takes a lot more skills to consistently place pellets inside a 1 inch circle from 100 yards than doing the same thing with a firearm target-rifle of any caliber.