• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

How bad is double loading!?

This is a really good question!
To be honest I don`t know, but:
-I have double loaded several times some of my airguns, but to my knowledge it has NOT done any harm to the barrels. Not visual (looking through the barrel), or any notable lack in accuracy.
-That said, you should absolutely try to avoid it of course.

Anyone else?

its not really a bad thing until the worse of the worse happends as long as both pellets pass cleanly threw your fine and this seems to happen most of the time but there is always the chance of a jam where the second loaded pellet jams the skirt of the first causing it to malform and wedge in the barrel this is where youll see the most damage as the air back logs in the chamber with no real exit how much damage that can cuase I don't know but I wouldent think it be good.. now theres also the jam itself youll most likely cause the damage to the barrel or riffling as you try to remove the jammed pellets.. ive double loaded my murader lots of times and lucky me ive only had 1 jam and it wasn't bad a nice wood dowl rod and tap tap tap it poped out and it seems no harm done

"Gunnertrones"This is a really good question!
To be honest I don`t know, but:
-I have double loaded several times some of my airguns, but to my knowledge it has NOT done any harm to the barrels. Not visual (looking through the barrel), or any notable lack in accuracy.
-That said, you should absolutely try to avoid it of course.

Anyone else?

Good to know. I can tell that it has happened to many shooters before, and it will probably happen to me. : ( However, I am going to try my best, of course, to avoid it. 

Thanks,

Kmd

"gorgata"its not really a bad thing until the worse of the worse happends as long as both pellets pass cleanly threw your fine and this seems to happen most of the time but there is always the chance of a jam where the second loaded pellet jams the skirt of the first causing it to malform and wedge in the barrel this is where youll see the most damage as the air back logs in the chamber with no real exit how much damage that can cuase I don't know but I wouldent think it be good.. now theres also the jam itself youll most likely cause the damage to the barrel or riffling as you try to remove the jammed pellets.. ive double loaded my murader lots of times and lucky me ive only had 1 jam and it wasn't bad a nice wood dowl rod and tap tap tap it poped out and it seems no harm done
Thanks for the input...

"ztirffritz"I damaged the baffles in my marauder after I first got it. I think it was because of double loading. I'm not the smartest guy, so I suspect it still happens occasionally. So far, that's the worse that has happened though. I've read of people getting multiple pellets stacked up in the barrel though and there's no coming back from that.
Copy that... Thanks.

"kmd1984"
"Mayo661"I shoot a break barrel and don't think it would be possible unless the pellets were loose as XXXXX.. Just my opinion.
OK?!

I could see how this would be possible with a magazine fed PCP rifle. In my case and others that shoot break barrel rifles the pellet would have to be extremely loose and slide into the barrel, which would be a bad thing in my opinion. Could cause damage to our piston seals as it would be similar to dry firing. In that case I would probably load another pellet into the breach. This is why I commented and hoped someone would chime in that shoots break barrels and may have had this situation occur before. This was in the general section and could have been directed in the PCP section. Apparently my comment offended someone and I was given a negative accuracy rating. This is my attempt to right my wrong with whoever made that report.

I think I double loaded today. Was shooting an Impact, shooting hole in hole until the incident. Both pellets cleared easily but after that the gun was shooting high by 8 clicks. Re zeroed at 35 and hit about 5-6 birds afterwards. Does anyone have an idea why I would be shooting high after double loading ?? Guns only 4 days old. Opps. 

Thanks 

BrocStar check your moderator. My pcp puncher breaker 22 this is what happened ,look at the key hole to my baffels on a tatsu also the screen had two holes in it. I was wondering why it was shooting like a shot gun blast after six shots then noticed some screen hanging down on the inside of the moderator. Was your mod. on snug ?

0329221440.1648957975.jpg

Happens all the time, generally no harm done, just shoot them out. I've never experienced any damage to the silencer as some folks report, but I can see how it might happen. On a couple of occasions, when I realized I had double loaded, I unscrewed the silencer before firing. But it has more often happened when I didn't know it, and I either missed my target, or I saw 2 bad hits on the paper. 

I've shot 3 slugs out of an AEA 357 because I was being an idiot with the magazine at the time. No biggie. All shot through the same hole.

I've shot 2 pellets out of an Umarex Guanlet 2 .25 a few times. No biggie. Don't remember if they grouped.

Never heard of this potential issue with silencers but I think as long as the ammo comes out the muzzle you're all good.