How Bad Are These Shot Strings?

Pulled out the chrono today to do a quick shot string on my R7. I put 5 pellets through it initially before I started collecting data. EDIT: This gun is 3-4 years old. I would assume it’s had at least 1-2k pellets through it. 

Strings 1 &2 are using .177 Crosman CPHP 7.9's

Strings 3 & 4 are using .177 JSB RS Exact 7.33's

I'm a far cry from any type of expert, but this seems like there is alot of room for improvement, which I would guess some type of spring kit would help with.

And no, I have not shot this for groups yet, didn't get time today.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

It's brand new I'm assuming? Occasionally Weihrauchs come waaaay over lubed and it looks like yours is still dieseling from it. I would pull the spring and piston and clean everything out and relube. While you're in there, polish the spring ends and anything else that looks like it could use it. Vorteks PG4 kit (NOT the HO) works very well in that gun. You'll also want a thing of Air Venturi moly paste for this job (thats what I use, not sure if there is anything better out there)

It's brand new I'm assuming? Occasionally Weihrauchs come waaaay over lubed and it looks like yours is still dieseling from it. I would pull the spring and piston and clean everything out and relube. While you're in there, polish the spring ends and anything else that looks like it could use it. Vorteks PG4 kit (NOT the HO) works very well in that gun. You'll also want a thing of Air Venturi moly paste for this job (thats what I use, not sure if there is anything better out there)

No, not brand new. It’s 3-4 years old. 

As a follow up to my previous comment. I just threw my .177 HW30S over a chrono to compare to yours and my conclusion is basically this. Ditch the Crosman pellets.

Crosman HP 7.44gr

Screenshot_20211201-195239_FX Radar.1638406475.jpg
Screenshot_20211201-195220_FX Radar.1638406476.jpg

H&N Field Target Trophy 8.64gr 

Screenshot_20211201-194913_FX Radar.1638406531.jpg
Screenshot_20211201-194919_FX Radar.1638406558.jpg

I would definitely pop the spring and piston out still just to make sure everything looks normal as it's relatively easy to do on that gun. I would just plan on cleaning and re-lubing as a bare minimum or swap in the Vortek kit while you're in there.

If I’m going to the effort to tear it down, I’ll just go ahead and throw a kit in it. Any reason why you say the HO is a no-go for this gun? 

I would definitely pop the spring and piston out still just to make sure everything looks normal as it's relatively easy to do on that gun. I would just plan on cleaning and re-lubing as a bare minimum or swap in the Vortek kit while you're in there.

If I’m going to the effort to tear it down, I’ll just go ahead and throw a kit in it. Any reason why you say the HO is a no-go for this gun?

Mine didn't shoot well with it. I think they are more geared towards the 22 cal HW30s

I'm not a Springer expert either but it sounds like to me your spring is broken.

As mentioned, it sounds like a broken mainspring or a bad breech seal. Do the tissue test to check that.

I alway replace the piston seal with the Vortek one while I'm in there as well. It's definitely an improvement. Both the breech seal and the piston seal (VacSEAL 25) are available as add-ons on the PG4 kits page.

Install a Vortek PG4 Steel HO kit in it. Cut one coil off of the spring when it comes in, and replace the piston seal with Vortek’s vacuum seal. Use the red Air Venturi Tune-in-a-tube lube - sparingly. You will immediately see an SD of likely 2 to 4 fps - super smooth and easy to cock. Be sure to try a half dozen of the “best” different pellets because there will be one pellet that groups far better than the others.

I have done more than twenty Weihrauch’s now. You will be amazed at the difference.

Goos luck.

String number 4 looks good, from your chart I am assuming that was the last string you shot. Doesnt look like a broken spring but lack of lube on the seal. It is time to tear it down, clean it out, and put in proper lubes. Whether you use a kit is entirely up to you. I built two R7 for my sons when they started shooting and they were very sucessfull in FT with those R7's. I used stock seals and springs, just made guides and tuning tricks. There rifles avg around 585 fps with 7.9 CP pellets asvthey were the hot pellet at that time. They could nail most any target out to 40 yards, after that the R7 was running out of energy. I used there rifles to shoot in speed shooting contests and heldvthe record for a number of years, nice and light, easy to cock and load, fast ro get on target offhand. If your rifle has never been tuned....it is about time!!

Install a Vortek PG4 Steel HO kit in it. Cut one coil off of the spring when it comes in, and replace the piston seal with Vortek’s vacuum seal. Use the red Air Venturi Tune-in-a-tube lube - sparingly. You will immediately see an SD of likely 2 to 4 fps - super smooth and easy to cock. Be sure to try a half dozen of the “best” different pellets because there will be one pellet that groups far better than the others.

I have done more than twenty Weihrauch’s now. You will be amazed at the difference.

Goos luck.

Any reason to cut 1 coil off? Is that something Vortek could just do if I asked them to?