How about some slug research, experimenting and testing collaboration?

I thought I'd throw this out there. I'm interested in shooting slugs the most accurately and efficiently as possible. I'm sure many of you are too. 

A few years ago I started casting 9mm bullets for one of my pistols. The bullets turned out nice but would quickly lead the barrel, which created problems. I ended up buying some Hi-Tek Supercoat from Hi Performance Bullet Coatings out of Australia? It worked very well with the leading stopped and the velocity went up a little bit as an added benefit.

Tonight while pigeon hunting I was wondering why this bullet coating wouldn't work on slugs to give a little bit of extra velocity, or use less air for the same velocity. The only problem is I don't have a sizer for .217" or .218". That got me thinking: what if someone else has a sizer and wants to try this coating. Here's what I'm thinking: If anyone wants to try this bullet coating they can send me a few of their slugs, I'll coat them and return them all to you. You pay shipping to me, I'll pay the shipping back. You do what you want with them, just post your results back here. If anyone has a sizer and would be willing to size a few for me I'd like to turn that offer around and I'll send you some to size and return to me. Or, any combination of tasks. I'm open to help out with the coating free of charge. If it turns out well I'd like to get some Zombie green or other easily visible color.

Just a late night thought. Mmmm 4th meal?..?...

Doug

HI Doug no do not do it , just get your self some fp-10 or any libe like naplier or even ballistol oil and your fouling will be gone , do not run any more coating threw guns (powder burners) as for pcp guns it is even worse , those coatings are harder then your barrel and will ruin any barrels , pcp barrels wont last long , even if you ever sized a coated bullet you can count on runing your dies as it wears them rite out ,

The reason fps goes up is same as oil less friction , but you WILL RUIN THINGS IF YOU USE THEM .

LOU

iF YOU WANT TO SEND ME A COATED PART I WILL CHECK HARDNESS FOR YOU REMEMBER , PURE LEAD IS LIKE 5BHN . HARD BULLET IS 10 TO 16BHN

COATINGS I TESTED WERE HARDER THEN YOU THINK