Horrible flinching before shot

SimpleGuy, if you are shooting a PCP then practice just shooting air (no ammo) , however if you are shooting a spring gun you must not shoot it without ammo, teach yourself a breathing technique, as in take a deep breath , hold it , the squeeze the trigger. Hope this helps
Not good to hold breath after an inhale. Creates tension in the body & stronger heartbeat. I learned to hold after an exhalation & shoot in between heartbeats, like snipers are trained to do.

I'll try that method I was doing the opposite
Actually a traditional breathing control method with PB's that I've heard for years is exhale halfway and hold breath to shoot. I have been exhaling fully then shooting. It removes all muscle tension caused from the diaphram and you'll have more than enough O2 in your system with empty lungs for about 15 seconds to take the shot. Worked for me better than the "half full" lungs method.

Also get your trigger pull to a decent light weight but more importantly a crisp consistent break. Trigger inconsistency can be a flinch issue. Regards

Actually a traditional breathing control method with PB's that I've heard for years is exhale halfway and hold breath to shoot. I have been exhaling fully then shooting. It removes all muscle tension caused from the diaphram and you'll have more than enough O2 in your system with empty lungs for about 15 seconds to take the shot. Worked for me better than the "half full" lungs method.

Also get your trigger pull to a decent light weight but more importantly a crisp consistent break. Trigger inconsistency can be a flinch issue. Regards
Will try this as well

RELAX . breath normally put your mind on the target, RELAX . body relaxed finger relaxed , on your exhale take up 1st stage of trigger do not squeeze your whole hand then at the bottom of exhale squeeze just the trigger before you intake air, but do this as normal breathing do not hold .

Reactions: SimpleGuy
Not good to hold breath after an inhale. Creates tension in the body & stronger heartbeat. I learned to hold after an exhalation & shoot in between heartbeats, like snipers are trained to do.
I pull through at the bottom of my breath. That's how my drill sergeant taught me.