Hoping To Buy PCP What Pump What Tank?

I am doing research to buy my first PCP looking for a hand pump friendly gun and think its between the gauntlet .25, the Aspen .25 or the Marauder .25 so do I go with a cheap one to start or do I go straight to a good one. Next I don't even know if I have any places locally to fill a tank but would like to have one if possible. Don't want to spend a crazy amount right away so what's a good tank and a good tank size to start with. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I would go for the Umerex Gauntlet in 22 caliber Hajimoto has good videos on how to improve it I don’t know enough about manual pumps but stay away from the $50 garbage on eBay. Using a hand pump is a workout so make sure that you get one that can give you the pressure required some 3 stage only pump to 2000 psiYou will be able to take around 40 shots then it will be 10 minutes of heavy exercise to refill the tank. When I started out I gave up on hand pumping and bought a 6.8 tank and filled it at paintball shop then l saved up for a real compressor, eventually if you like the sport that’s the route to go.

I would go for the Umerex Gauntlet in 22 caliber Hajimoto has good videos on how to improve it I don’t know enough about manual pumps but stay away from the $50 garbage on eBay. Using a hand pump is a workout so make sure that you get one that can give you the pressure required some 3 stage only pump to 2000 psiYou will be able to take around 40 shots then it will be 10 minutes of heavy exercise to refill the tank. When I started out I gave up on hand pumping and bought a 6.8 tank and filled it at paintball shop then l saved up for a real compressor, eventually if you like the sport that’s the route to go.

What is a 6.8 tank looking for a smaller cheaper tank I can fill locally until I can save up for a carbon fiber tank

When I was going to the paintball store before I bought a compressor. They charged $8 to fill it. I had a Hatsan Gladius in 25 caliber then it would keep me going for atleast 18- 25 fill . It’s been a few years so I may be off. I would refill the tank when it got down to about 1800 psi. The tank comes with a standard quick connector you may just need the adapter that some guns come with. Most of my guns connect directly to this tank it’s not a slow fill valve so you must be observant when you fill or you can add a restriction washer(not sure of the correct name)

Anyone unfamiliar with tanks needs to know that most carbon fiber tanks manufactured in China are not DOT certified. If you buy a tank set from China, either buy one because you own your own compressor or be sure you buy one that is DOT certified, not CE certified. CE certified is a European standard which has no benefit to a U.S. buyer needing a shop to fill their tank. DOT certified means U.S. commercial shops will fill your tank and have it hydro tested later on. I've owned carbon fiber tanks from China and respect their quality, but I own a compressor to fill them. Just be sure you know what you're buying and don't try to save money only to find out you can't get your tank filled because you didn't realize what you bought doesn't meet U.S. requirements.

I am looking for used scba tanks found here in the us from firefighters etc those would be dot certified most likely right

Yes, but it's easy to tell. Look at the tank label and it will detail the DOT certification number. If a seller won't show the label on his ad for a tank, it usually means the tank has expired. The manufacturing month and year is shown on the tank label.