Hopelessly Addicted

Wow I just did a count. Almost 3 yrs. ago my Buddy showed me a HW80 for tree rats. Hooked. 19 rifles 4 pistols later. Air Arms, Beeman’s HW’s, BSA, LGU and a few Diana’s. All air max scopes. Lead, tools, stands, crony’s, this could turn into a weekend conference. 

I retired at the same time, I bought an old 22 ton excavator and tandem axle dump truck. With them I dug into a hill 60ft. 45 ft. wide for shooting range. Machines are keeping me busy till the fall then I’m gonna sell them and I’m free to finally spend some time on the guns with kits. Just recently gave daughter Bob Timberlake bedroom set to make room for a gun room. The wife is saving the marriage here. 
Let me tell you this forum doesn’t help at all. Definitely the common denominator for the problem we all have. Doing my best to stay away from PCP’s. You can call that addicted. Crow 

I´m not alone!!!!!

I started with a pump rifle, two years ago, then a Diana 34, then a Marauder, then another Marauder, then an AA S510, then another AA, then a Wildcat, then a Brocock Hp, then another Brocock HP, now I have 2 impact, a Steyr for FT, a HW30 and a wildcat MK3 will arrive these days.
I confess that I have sold several for a matter of space and money, but I am always waiting for a new rifle.
Another thing that I have found liking is buying accessories, which is why I am a fan of FX now, barrels in different lengths and types, etc, it is almost as fun as buying a new rifle, changing the barrel and seeing how it shoots.
All this without mentioning the scopes, compressors, tanks, bipods, rests...etc ...

Jorge

Jorge, I ended up at a very similar place as you have, with 2 Impacts, a Wildcat, Steyr FT, Steyr LG110 5.5mm and the brilliant HW30. 

Recently, I moved the Steyr’s and the Wildcat on. The focus has shifted to making the 2 Impacts consistent and accurate enough to shoot Benchrest at 50m and 100m, with slugs, which is taking enormous amount of time. Here in South Africa, a few of us are working with Hein Frommann, the current 25m Benchrest champion, to modify the Impact for this purpose. 

And it all started with me shooting a 25m Benchrest card with his Thomas LV gun. It’s become the most addictive sport I have ever participated in. Reading the wind flags and trying to get a .177 pellet at 800fps to travel straight has become an obsession. So, recently added a Soldatov tuned Ataman Benchrest rifle to the mix. I always ignored the 25m guys and their low powered airrifles. These guns define accuracy and they teach you about reading wind that can be carried over to nearly every other airrifle discipline. 

And the HW30S has a permanent place in the collection. 

And it all started with me shooting a 25m Benchrest card with his Thomas LV gun. It’s become the most addictive sport I have ever participated in. Reading the wind flags and trying to get a .177 pellet at 800fps to travel straight has become an obsession. So, recently added a Soldatov tuned Ataman Benchrest rifle to the mix. I always ignored the 25m guys and their low powered airrifles. These guns define accuracy and they teach you about reading wind that can be carried over to nearly every other airrifle discipline. 

And the HW30S has a permanent place in the collection.

I've been obsessed with low powered 177 guns last 6 months thanks to Odyole/Yo and the reasons you have mentioned. Plus I get to shoot almost every day! It is both maddening and super rewarding with the wind. Plus I shoot leaning against the wall which makes the mechanical more difficult than with bipod and rest, but what a rush when I can put the pellet exactly where I want on the head of a tree rat! 

My Impact have not been shot in almost 6 moths and all my other guns are in 177 and between 4-8 FPE. Somehow I ended up with 9 .177 guns in just as many months.....😂

I"m not addicted, I can quit anytime I want because I'm not addicted. 

I got a RWS underlever many years ago that lead to a Diana dual calibur. I would look at what was available in the stores and didn't see anything of interest. THEN while cursing around youtube I saw the very bane of my existance Ted's Holdover. A whole new world of PCP air guns opened up for me. I got a condor, then a couple Krals, then an avenger, then I saw a used 22 Daystate safari for a good price, then I picked up a used 177 Daystate pulsar and then a I saw used 30 cal RAW, now I have enough. Then I saw another used Daystate Safari in 30, (bad hand SLAP stay away from the wallet SLAP SLAP now both hands are sore and the bad hand keeps getting closer to the wallet)

I think airgunnation is my pusher.

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want because I'm not addicted!!!!!!

Hi Kurt:
What a coincidence, not only on the rifles but also on the goals.
And well the HW30 is the jewel, it is my wife's favorite.

I am trying to achieve the highest precision in BR50 (here 50 meters) therefore BR25 as well.
For that I am working on two Impact's. One cal 5.5, with a 600 mm barrel, I'm testing the superior liner and the superior heavy⁰.
The other is an Impact MK1 that started as 6.25 cal I put a superior standard cal 4.5 liner and a huma regulator.
Now it is ready for LV and HV just by moving the front valve.
I put a 300cc bottle on this Impact 4.5, it was very nice.
So I'm with an Impact 4.5 for BR25 with JSB pellets of 10.34 for LV and JSB pellets of 13.43g for HV
The other cal 5.5 for BR50, with the JSBs redesigned at 950 fps.
It is really something very nice and it has my mind very busy.
Jorge