• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hopefully Others Have Found a Solution Brocock Commander .22

What did you have to do to the fill port dust cap so you can pull it off for a refill? If I had lady fingers i could probably do it but with fat fingers I go looking for plyers to grip it with. My fingers just slide off the darn thing.

And...I have a Great White Shark carbon fill bottle with double air guages and when I fill the Brocock to 250 bar indcated on the oil filled carbon tank gauge the Brocock Commander gauge will be in the red. What do I believe??

If the cover is the same type of round plastic magnetic cover that’s used on the Bantam try this. Usually I will stand the rifle up on its but. Then I turn the cover sideways so that the ends of the gripable bar on the cover are pointed out to both sides, place my thumb on the top and index finger on the bottom, pinch and pull up; I’m right handed. If that doesn’t work after a few tries or if my fingers are numb I claw at it with a finger until I hear it flip up. Sometimes the magnet will grab it again, but eventually I’ll get it. Doesn’t work well at all with gloves on. It’s kind of awkward at first, but it gets easier the more you do it. 

I too turn the dust cover so it's handle is perpendicular to the stock for easier removal, since I have large hands (size 2XL gloves).

You could also purchase some $5 magnetic fill nipple covers like these, which would be far easier to remove:

https://www.tcpaintballproducts.com/product-page/quikcaps-cylinder

https://www.tcpaintballproducts.com/product-page/quikcaps-bullet

I use these on a bunch of different guns and they stick up higher than the OEM Brocock/Daystate covers, but I have never lost one in the field yet.

IMG_2375.1642477675.JPG
IMG_2379.1642477675.JPG
IMG_2374.1642477675.JPG
IMG_2378.1642477675.JPG
IMG_2376.1642477675.JPG
IMG_2377.1642477675.JPG

And regarding gauges, usually the larger, oil filled gauge will be more accurate. But you can get bad ones. I normally trust the gun's gauge on Brococks and Daystates. But you can get bad ones.

Thanks for the suggestions. Grabbed the uselessly designed Foster dust cover from my Commander and chucked it up on my lather. Turned it down a bit and now no problem grabbing it. I wanted to knurl the end to make it even easier to grab but the knurling tool was too large to get into the the machined part. this works. Not pretty as it was so tiny to turn but it works. Thanks to all.
IMG_1047.1642551696.JPG