Hong Yeng

Hey guys and gals....been sometime since I have participated with this forum but I feel compelled and promised myself, I would report back my experience with my Yong Heng. OK, to be brief, almost 2 years and 25 fills of my great white tank and no hiccups with performance or repair. Still filling tank from 2600 PSI to 4500 PSI in 45 minutes, running time, and has been the best air gunning investment (with proper maintenance) relative to my Edgun R3M Matador, Benjamin Synrod and FX Impact. Best 329 bucks spent, to facilitate more than 17,000 shots...bought this and have never looked back...even at 4 times the price for any of the optional compressors. Am I just lucky??? or is this a testament to the Chinese engineering and design? You can't argue the price point, for sure.

On a side note, shout out to Utah Airguns, for the get together this year...simply awesome! Watch these guys to dominate, in the future. You rock Justin and all you fellers behind the scene.

I just got on eBay and ordered more royal purple compressor oil so I can change the oil change in mine. I've had it for a year or two now and use it to fill guns, 90ci tank and a 97cu ft tank. I can't remember how many fills I have on mine but it's quite a few and it runs perfect and has yet to give me any issues aside from the temp gauge going out when I first bought it. The seller on eBay did send me a new gauge for free though. One thing I do with mine is I only fill the 97cu ft tank to 4000psi to keep a heavy load to a minimum but rifles and my 90ci tank I fill up to 4500psi since it does it fairly quick and it doesn't put the heavy load on the compressor for that long. It's honestly the best investment I have made since getting into the sport because the closest place to me that will fill my tanks is over an hour away.

I fill my sink or a cooler with water then put a bag of ice or a bunch of frozen bottles of water in it. Once the water is really cold I start to fill everything. I think the last fill which was a few days ago it ran around the mid 50c. If it ever gets up to 60c I shut it off and let it cool a bit before I start filling again and I also only fill no more than 5 minutes at a time before letting it rest for a minute or two.

1561866118_16702036705d182f865144c1.93940237_45393B3E-2431-417B-A94D-55CA75C7E29B.jpeg
1561866119_18809478145d182f87956d01.56195997_30D10144-82FD-44E0-BAD0-DFDCCCFEBC0E.jpeg
Fresh oil change this is temp after filling 60min scba 2900-4200ish I use a lot of ice in the bucket tho. Knock on wood never really had problems with it. Just frozen water bottles they seem to work well for me 

I am a keep-it-simple guy so I have been hand pumping for years until I got my Huben which takes 4500 psi and delivers only 20 shots between filling. For me the Yong Heng is just a replacement for my hand pump. I don't want any factory / laboratory like set up but just a compact, portable, standalone unit that does the job. The other appealing attribute of YH is the good availability of spare parts and simple construction meaning that I can easily service it all by myself. Such total independence is not too many compressors in the market can offer. 

Have had it for about a year and no problem so far except for a burst disk doing it's job once. Overall, I am very happy with it. 

New at HPA compressors, but has anybody determined if the stock water pump can be improved, upgraded? Not sure what the nameplate calls for in gallons, or ounces of water per minute. I do know from the HVAC industry I work in, heat rejection has a design specific to the area of material it flows through at a given rate. Too much or too little and efficiency is poor and excess heat builds up.

Im thinking of starting with this YH compressor until I upgrade later and appreciate reading all your experiences with it. I've been looking what would be a decent filter to use as well.

Thanks, Terry

1562086818_19605069845d1b8da2da05f7.46415043_8DD9835F-E318-4FCA-8ED5-CBE90263B7BD.jpeg
1562086820_15345178015d1b8da41a02b3.20503960_15148D50-5AC5-4050-A25E-441AB5D9DD63.jpeg
hey terry

the first pump that came with my yh quit working I just went to Walmart and got a small aquarium pump not sure of the gph of this one or the one that actually came with the compressor but at the end of completely filling two 90ci bottles and topping off a 60min scba this is the temp I’m seeing but I also put ice in the bucket as recommended hope this helps 

New at HPA compressors, but has anybody determined if the stock water pump can be improved, upgraded? Not sure what the nameplate calls for in gallons, or ounces of water per minute. I do know from the HVAC industry I work in, heat rejection has a design specific to the area of material it flows through at a given rate. Too much or too little and efficiency is poor and excess heat builds up.

Im thinking of starting with this YH compressor until I upgrade later and appreciate reading all your experiences with it. I've been looking what would be a decent filter to use as well.

Thanks, Terry

I still have the factory pump with mine and it works great. I do keep the flow rate set to the minimum to allow the water to flow slower through the head and conduct more of the heat. It would run a bit warmer if I ran it on high so I played around and found out low worked best for mine. I'd imagine with a cheap pump like these not all will run the same but if you do get one try out different rates and see what one works best. One other thing I do is keep the return line above water so I can see if the pump is still working and water is still flowing.

I fill my sink or a cooler with water then put a bag of ice or a bunch of frozen bottles of water in it. Once the water is really cold I start to fill everything. I think the last fill which was a few days ago it ran around the mid 50c. If it ever gets up to 60c I shut it off and let it cool a bit before I start filling again and I also only fill no more than 5 minutes at a time before letting it rest for a minute or two.

I read this a while back and the cooler idea caught my eye. Using a cooler for storage and as a water reservoir is really a great idea. I've been looking for a way to store my YH and keep it clean. This also solves the problem of having to find a clean bucket for water. I am using an old dolly style cooler and the compressor fits in it perfectly. 

Probably 30 fills of my 90 cubic inch buddy bottles in just a couple months. Only spent $250, and worth every penny. It's given me the freedom to shoot whenever, and best of all, I can expend as much air as I need to over a chronograph. Tank gets low, just fill it up. Probably put 3000 rounds through my Marauder thanks to the Yong Heng. Now, working on tuning the Impact. Without the Yong Heng, could never justify the cost in air for all that shooting.

If it breaks, I'll buy another rather than go back to the paintball shop. it's a pain to fill the bucket, haul it to the shed, add all the ice and fire up the compressor, but well worth it.

1563504543_8411766905d312f9f7d4aa9.71005565_20190717_155259.jpg

This cart off of Amazon worked out really well for my Yong Heng set up. Cart was around $30. I added a $9 six inch fan to aid in cooling. The plastic bins for misc storage were $1.18 at Home Depot. I stapled a towel to an old plastic cutting board and set the water bucket on it. This helps keep water off the floor.

1563505161_4563316805d3132092a27c3.47857935_20190718_143227.jpg

A piece of copper wire wound around a dowel hold the water discharge line where I can easily check on water flow. I have a three filter set up. First filter is the one that came with the Yong Heng. This catches any oil blow by. The other two filters are filled with desiccant with color changing beads (small gold filter then a larger Airmega). After a fill I change out the Yong Heng tampon filter and check the small gold filter. If the beads are ok in the small filter then I don't have to open the large filter. I run the compressor using Royal Purple oil and plenty of ice in the water bucket. I keep the run times to 15 min or less with moisture purges every 3-4 min. Temp has not gone over 45° C. I also added a vibration activated hour meter to keep track of oil change intervals. Grand total for the whole set up including compressor, 6.8L tank and valve, filters, fan, cart, fill whip w/ foster fittings, inline one way valve, Royal Purple and 13x molecular sieve = $630.

Still $170 cheaper than the Omega Trail I bought and has already lasted longer and pumped WAY more air.

About to order the Yong Hong compressor and filters from amazon. I noticed a couple different YH compressors, one says standard, the other "set pressure" ?

Is one preferred over the other. The compressor stage chambers even look different.

Thanks for the help.

Terry

There are four configurations of Y.H. pumps. The very basic model doesn't have the separator block between the stages. The only difference in the other three are the adjustable cut-off model has the red knob on the pressure gauge face, the auto cut-off model has an indicator light on the top of the motor housing like the adjustable model but no adjustment knob on the gauge and the manual cut-out version looks the same as the auto-stop model but has no power-on light. The choice is yours. You mentioned that the stage chambers look different. If that's the case, you are looking at a different brand. My advice is stick to the one that has Yong Heng printed on the side. 

Reactions: Rodeo