• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hong heng pressure is

My Yong Heng arrived last week. It works fine up to 3000 psi. After that the pressure meter on the Yong Heng rapidly rises into the red. I watch the temperature and always stop when the temp hits 55C, which happens is less than 5 minutes of run time.

Since I bought it from Walmart and paid the sales tax, should I just return it and get another?

To the first question,its called blow by.need to replace the 4 top rings.Just a little silicone grease on the rings when assailable
1537403343_7000279565ba2e9cfbac488.28995154_rings.JPG

I appreciate the response. I was asking so if their was something I needed to know or be careful about from someone that did it before me. 

I made and installed a head gasket in my other one and it strains and stops and buzzes like the motor is weak. It was filling my gun bulldog 480 extended reservoir to 4500 but it can’t anymore so I have to work on it also.

I would fill a spray bottle soapy water turn on your compressor & spray the soapy water on all fittings ect. You will see bubbles if there

is a leak. Mine was were the pressure gage screws in. I pulled it & put another Teflon washer on top of the one already there & 

screwed the gage back in. It still had a small leak. I pulled the gage & wrapped the gage threads with a wrap of Teflon tape. Fixed & never

had another problem. These machines with that much pressure just must be checked from time to time this way. Your compressor came

with spare washers & seals. Hope this helped! 

Fly

If you are sure that none of the external components are leaking, it must be internals. Possibilities include ( but not limited to ) : 

Reed valve of the first or second stage. This video is about the second stage : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7T_4zrgXnc&feature=youtu.be

Internal check valve : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsBcKSVeGk&t=385s

Others have reported 2nd stage piston rings. The pressure problem and high temperature issue vanished after they are replaced. If I were you, I will tear the head down and clean the reed valves, check the check valve O rings and replace the second stage piston rings.