Homemade furniture 🪑

i agree with you BB

My .257 Texan

Wow, these are the first Airforce guns I have liked the look of
1f44d.svg

absolutely stellar work...too bad Airforce doesn’t at least offer a wood option, even if it wasn’t super well done but enough to refinish easily.

My new wood furniture on my Umarex C02 M1A1. The wood foregrip, pistol grip and stock is from a different company and I had to re-fit all three pieces of furniture. But it is WAY better than the plasticware that the gun come with. The original plasticware furniture are below the gun and looks like a mustard color and has a plastic sound when anything touches them, really annoying.

Full M1A1 Furniture.jpg

Wood Stock.jpg

Pistol grip.jpg

Fore Grip.jpg

It being over three years since I posted my custom woodwork earlier in this thread, thought I'd post some I've done since that post.

2250 Grip.jpg
Built these custom walnut grips for this HiPac equipped Crosman 2250 custom-

2250 HiPac.jpg

Converted my .177 Brocock Bantam to a pistol (but left the .22 Bantam unmolested)-
Bro Rif and Pis.jpg

That worked out SO well I converted my .22 Brocock Bantam Sniper XR into a pistol/carbine CONVERTIBLE-
Snipr pistol final.jpg

Sniper Converible.jpg

I didn't build the stock on the custom Falcon FN12 below, but did resurrect it from butchery by the previous owner, added a Bocote grip-cap, and refinished the stock completely-
FN12 Legend.jpg

FN grip R.jpg

About the time I start thinking I invest too much time in these projects, I get smitten by another airgun I just gotta make custom furniture for. Occurs to me DAMN I HAVE SOME NICE CUSTOM AIRGUNS! 🥰 And damned good shooters, ALL. 🎯🥇

Those look really beautiful. As for me I can suspend my distaste with plastic grips on pistols (C02 guns), but NOT for real guns and the Legend's Guns (except the MP40 which was made of steel and bakelite one of the first plastics), and the guns which were all steel like the M3A1. Mustard color and that damn plasticware kinking sound.
Which reminds me why do Airsoft guns have the option of wood furniture and BB guns not offer wood furniture, they do on some but not on historic replicas. With CNC or CAD manufacturing it is a snap to do it? Why not?

Greenarrow almost scared me off - his work is Great! But I will share a little. The first picture should be my P35-25, I think that is the most recent stock. Most of the wood is from church pews but the fore end cap is a piece of highly figured oak from the stump of my "killing tree". A large oak that fell over in a burst of wind due to root rot. I kept a little of the wood from the stump and made a few things out of it after it was dry. Like the stock for my Prod. Several pictures of that. Then there is the cherry stock of my P35-22 and the "church pew" stock of my P35-177. The pews were being discarded by my church so I took home some wood. I think it makes an interesting stock but the grain in the wood is not very interesting. Nothing like the "killing tree" oak.

I like making wood stocks for my gun partially so I can have something that fits me. I want a length of pull about 15 inches which stock guns never seem to have. I also have XL hands so the trigger hits about in the middle of my trigger finger instead of the tip of that finger like I prefer. These stocks are not as durable as the plastic pieces the gun came with but they fit me better and I like the looks.

Retuned P35-25 in new stock.jpg

Prod 1.jpg

Prod 2.jpg

Prod forend bottom.jpg

Prod grip detail.jpg

P35 cherry stock.jpg

P35-177 in mahogany stock.jpg

Reactions: Nattboy
Greenarrow almost scared me off - his work is Great! But I will share a little. The first picture should be my P35-25, I think that is the most recent stock. Most of the wood is from church pews but the fore end cap is a piece of highly figured oak from the stump of my "killing tree". A large oak that fell over in a burst of wind due to root rot. I kept a little of the wood from the stump and made a few things out of it after it was dry. Like the stock for my Prod. Several pictures of that. Then there is the cherry stock of my P35-22 and the "church pew" stock of my P35-177. The pews were being discarded by my church so I took home some wood. I think it makes an interesting stock but the grain in the wood is not very interesting. Nothing like the "killing tree" oak.

I like making wood stocks for my gun partially so I can have something that fits me. I want a length of pull about 15 inches which stock guns never seem to have. I also have XL hands so the trigger hits about in the middle of my trigger finger instead of the tip of that finger like I prefer. These stocks are not as durable as the plastic pieces the gun came with but they fit me better and I like the looks.

View attachment 456253

View attachment 456254

View attachment 456255

View attachment 456256

View attachment 456257

View attachment 456258

View attachment 456259
Beautiful work Jim.