• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Homemade Ballastic Putty?

I'm looking for a recipe for making ballastic putty. I'd like to line a pellet trap for use in my basement over the cold Wisconsin Winter. I have a bucket full of clay that was excavated from my backyard last summer. I thought to mix the powdered clay with some oil, maybe linseed or motor oil to make the putty. Has anyone tried anything like this?

Thanks, 

Howard 

I've used rubber mulch and I've used duct sealant. I prefer the latter. I built eight target traps over the space of two weekends, and I found it much more convenient to buy the one pound packages of duct seal from Lowes and Home Depot. I just left them in their plastic wrapper, ductable four of them onto a plastic cutting board I bought from Walmart, screwed that assembly into wooden boxes I had built, and I just staple cardboard over the mouth of the box, and staple target onto the cardboard. 

For the price, and if it's convenient to you, OP, you might be better off using commercially available duct seal. For twelve buxs per target, I think you'd have more labor in it that would make sense. Good luck to ya!