Homemade 200+ FPE Airgun at shop compressor pressures! 50 cal

F3DD14B2-E50A-4AA0-80DA-86024D412BEE.1611108244.jpeg

I built this homemade air shotgun rifle airbow combo.

It creates big power even at low pressures like 160psi. Parts can all be sourced from the hardware store for less than $50 depending on local prices. Fit and finish is crude but may be improved.

i will be posting a review of this gun and a tutorial or 2 on my YouTube channel in the upcoming months so stay tuned!

let me know what you think!

My YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCqx0ec1v1vLozWKFcyfqqyA

Reactions: PumaCarl
Hi - this is very cool. What weight projectiles and at what speeds does it shoot?

I'd be very careful with any tutorials on building one and posting it on YouTube.You will be legally liable if someone follows your instructions and gets hurt - I've seen a post within the past few years of why someone stopped posting modding tutorials after someone got tragically injured and successfully sued them nearly ruining their life. 

Would all the nay sayers please think for I second. HOW much pressure can a SHOP compressor Make? You could not even blow a copper pipe with that. I make this crap every day ,you have to start some where's ,

Once you get a feel to start with you can jump past a lot of this crap. I call it crap cause it just gets in the way of what you really want o know. Have a good one all. Oh yes , I for got everybody, is a fried of the atom bomb, right'.????

I don't think it is a good idea...I like those potato cannons better and they seem safer...just saying protect yourself from others.

I got to be truthful it is Ugly and looks like an accident getting ready to happen ,I also don't like Rat Rods.

wondered what Pretzel Logic meant..Steely Dan.

The pressure rating on the copper pipe is 560psi

the actual burst pressure of my specific pipe is 2500

I run the gun at 200psi and run no risk of rupture any leak would be very docile.

the gun is not a muzzleloader but a breach loader 

and I agree that it is not good looking and I addressed that.

By the way a pvc potato cannon can create peak pressures (and they do) much higher than the rating of probably 200 psi rating and the brittle nature of polyvinyl chloride which increases with age and use will make it a handheld frag grenade waiting to happen. This gun cannot exceed 200psi when pumped to it.

Know your stuff before you go correcting people on matters they have analyzed.