Homebrew FX Chrony display

You can choose to flip it in the settings menu.
I'll try it ASAP to be sure it works also on my E-Ink display.
Q to you:
I am probably couple weeks away to receive my e-Paper screen, so speculating only.
Currently I am powering my dopler radar from an external battery bank (with a usb cable permanently soldered to the FX board) and logically I would tap the Lilygo screen into those same pins.
I just noticed that the Lilygo have a permanent USB port, can this be used to power the unit? That way I could have a removable cable...
Or I need to connect to a second pin location (the usb port is for programming only)?

usb port.JPG

Q to you:
I am probably couple weeks away to receive my e-Paper screen, so speculating only.
Currently I am powering my dopler radar from an external battery bank (with a usb cable permanently soldered to the FX board) and logically I would tap the Lilygo screen into those same pins.
I just noticed that the Lilygo have a permanent USB port, can this be used to power the unit? That way I could have a removable cable...
Or I need to connect to a second pin location (the usb port is for programming only)?

View attachment 323912

just set up my e-paper and yes it can be powered by the usb port.

Excellent, the usb cable is removable. That second square connector, can I tap into to power the FX radar? Anybody have a name for that plug?

View attachment 324052
Wouldn't recommend that, i believe that plug runs a charging circuit for a lipo as well as Power in to board, its not a direct connection to usb port. if you already run chrono from a usb you should be able to work out powering board by that plug from chrono. ive put a 350mah lipo feeding both and charged via the board usb plug.

You can choose to flip it in the settings menu.
I'll try it ASAP to be sure it works also on my E-Ink display.
it does flip from the menu although inverted it is a little off centre (But not enough to bother you). Odd thing though, first time i flipped it nothing happened then returning setting to normal it flipped now it flips every time but for normal way up it is set Flip on.

Wouldn't recommend that, i believe that plug runs a charging circuit for a lipo as well as Power in to board, its not a direct connection to usb port. if you already run chrono from a usb you should be able to work out powering board by that plug from chrono. ive put a 350mah lipo feeding both and charged via the board usb plug.
I was tinkering about possibility how to remove the permanent cable from the FX board and just use the USB on Lilygo and tap them together

Last edited:
If your battery pack only has 1 output? You can get splitter USB cables. Thus power 2 units from 1 cable.
The battery pack has 2 outputs, but so far I was using one for radar and one for tablet-A (Strelok). If I could make the radar+Lilygo a single cable and removable that would be the ultimate goal. That way I could have both the radar and the Strelok wind direction working w/o interrupting the BT.

Very nice project and I want to thank you all for all the effort of this open-source project.
I like the idea of a E-ink display for less battery consumption but also the m5stick which already includes a battery and case.
So I was thinking what other options are there which combines these 2 features?

Would a M5stack M5Core INK work? https://docs.m5stack.com/en/core/coreink
Are there better solutions?

Anybody can help me out how to flip the e-paper screen in auto orientation?
Don't understand the question, there is a function to flip the display. I looked at your bang good link and didn't see a gyro in your board. So I don't think there is a way to flip the display automatically according the reading of the gyro. So you need to flip it yourself. Im'm not an expert so I could be wrong.