Homebrew FX Chrony display

To bad not everyone does Discord.
That's putting a restriction on things in a way. Your choice I guess.
My M5Stack Core came in today so I'll be playing with that based on the REV6 posted.
There are at least a couple of people that are having problems with it, so looking into why. Once confirmed to work for them, will post it here too. This version only works on the M5StickC Plus. It would need to be adapted to the M5Stack line of modules.

I'm looking at doing an artificial horizon type thing myself.
Not for everyone but it does look cool.
The M5Stack has already an example program that shows level readings and heading as well. Should be fairly easy to adapt. Here is the ino file and the two libraries that you need to install to make it work.

The M5StickC Plus had one too, but was rudimentary and required a lot of massaging to make it work.

View attachment bmm150.zip

View attachment M5TACK_TILT-OK.zip

View attachment MahonyAHRS-master.zip

My M5Stack Core is working with Rev6, but me personally don't like much a single button operation. Also all programmed to the middle button which has problems- bottomed out, and btw still waiting for replaceable battery.
If your middle button is messed up, change to the LEFT button, which is Button A. In rev6 code, go to line #46 and change PIN_INPUT 38 to 39.

Need to also make these changes:

Line #698, Line #997, Line #1000, Line # 1006 => change BtnA to BtnB
Line #1012 , Line #1014 => change BtnB to BtnA

I don't have a luxury shooting my guns inside house, but I would like to rearange the screen a bit different.
How to make a ghost number or txt like "0000" that will disappear with a first shots detected?

I would like to place a "ST.Dev." and "E.S." on the M5Stack Core screen somewhere on the bottom.
I have that platform now so I'll be messing with it.
Not sure what you mean but I'll work with you if you would like.

After hours of fighting I finally got a good burn to the Core and it searches for the Chrony.
Guess I should finish the work on that now.

My fight was getting the port activated for the stuff. I do run Windoz 7 so it was a fight.
A clue. Use the USB cable that comes with the Cores. I was using a different cable and that was all bad on my part!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok, I think I can now share what I've done 'till now. There are no major issues. Bare in mind E-Ink are NOT fast as other displays, so for example when in the menus be patient, count up to 3 before clicking again. Also I suggest to call up the menu when the Chrony is connected. I powered the display directly from the batteries pin on the chrony motherboard. Using other type of batteries (Lipos..) may cause interference. If you are interested, buy the same board Im linking unless you know what you are doing, there are many display versions.

This porting is based On last TTGO code from DaystateRebel.

IMG_8099-2.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

Link for the board:

https://www.banggood.com/it/LILYGO-...p-1332909.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CZ

View attachment STL_Models.zip

View attachment FXChrony_TTGO_v1.1_EINK_V2.zip

My board is in the mail probably will need couple weeks to get it to my hands.
I am powering my radar from a battery bank with hardwired usb, soldered to mainboard pins.
Can you give us a picture how did you tap the signal into FX board, wired or classic with BT? Asking because have seen some conversation cannot recall where, about some pin layout on FX board, so not sure do you have done that?

It uses BT connection. It is based on DaystateRebel code for the TTGO. Only the power lines are hooked to the FX board.
It has an ON/OFF switch so you can decide wether use it or not. eg. If you want to use the official app.
Oh yes, I will use it for sure, I like it very much.
For now just an idea, but when my new screen arrives I have time to figure out the powering probably with pogo pins and magnets.... how could I flip the screen vertically (for one gun in normal up position but the next gun up side down)