Homebrew FX Chrony display

Thank you very much, this was a reason I gave up with dipping in arduino back ten years ago when I realized it is just not for my braincells.
We all have - or missing some skill each on hes own. The most visible is that what we missing.
Don't give up. I am only a step ahead of you in learning, like a yellow belt vs white belt. DaystateRbel is probably a black belt already. Try first, and ask specifics later if you get stuck to get you going again. Looking at my code would probably make some coding pros throw up in disgust. But the end justifies the means in this case. For a pro it may take 10 mins to accomplish something that for us amateurs takes 4 hours...but with frustration comes reward.

Last edited:
@DaystateRebel , Still unable to compile with the latest version for the Heltec ESP32 (I've ensured I have the right Heltec board selected in the IDE)
This is the error that pops up

Git:
\FXChronyv3\FXChronyv3.ino: In function 'void setup()':
\FXChronyv3\FXChronyv3.ino:189:28: error: 'doubleClick' was not declared in this scope
   button.attachDoubleClick(doubleClick);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~
\FXChronyv3\FXChronyv3.ino:189:28: note: suggested alternative: 'double_t'
   button.attachDoubleClick(doubleClick);
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~
                            double_t
\FXChronyv3\FXChronyv3.ino:190:30: error: 'longPressStop' was not declared in this scope
   button.attachLongPressStop(longPressStop);
                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
\FXChronyv3\FXChronyv3.ino:191:22: error: 'singleClick' was not declared in this scope
   button.attachClick(singleClick);
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~
\FXChronyv3\FXChronyv3.ino:245:3: error: 'build_gun_menu' was not declared in this scope
   build_gun_menu();
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@DaystateRebel , Still unable to compile with the latest version for the Heltec ESP32 (I've ensured I have the right Heltec board selected in the IDE)
This is the error that pops up
That code definitely builds, possibly something went wrong when adding your own guns and pellets? Can you DM me the .ino file?

Reactions: 177er
Update: Shot strings can now be defined per gun upto a maximum of 20. This is so you can set it to be the same as your magazine size. The shot string will reset on the next shot after it is full.

Note the additional number in the gun structure

1672933366296.png

Update: Shot strings can now be defined per gun upto a maximum of 20. This is so you can set it to be the same as your magazine size. The shot string will reset on the next shot after it is full.

View attachment 320348
Cool. Now can set it to warn if "out of bullets" so will not shoot blanks :)

Last edited:
That code definitely builds, possibly something went wrong when adding your own guns and pellets? Can you DM me the .ino file?
I didn't add any guns/pellets, it was the same file as in the repo.
DMing it anyway. Just to be on the safe side, I'm downloading the latest INO from your repository and compiling it now.

View attachment 320348
Amazing work, thank you!
Could this be saved to computer? (or will remain in memory after reset/shutdown?)

I didn't add any guns/pellets, it was the same file as in the repo.
DMing it anyway. Just to be on the safe side, I'm downloading the latest INO from your repository and compiling it now.
Ok

Amazing work, thank you!
Could this be saved to computer? (or will remain in memory after reset/shutdown?)
Yes, attach the display to your computer, start the Arduino application & select the Tools | serial monitor. In the display double click the "dump" option in the shot string menu.

Make sure you set the serial monitors Baud Rate to 115200 or you'll get garbage

1672947283183.png

Last edited:
Ok

Yes, attach the display to your computer, start the Arduino application & select the Tools | serial monitor. In the display double click the "dump" option in the menu.

Make sure you set the serial monitors Baud Rate to 115200 or you'll get garbage

View attachment 320392
Thank you once again!
I compiled the latest version, which works,
I ran into an error in the menu for Shot strings

Steps
1. Click to Settings > Shot Strings
2. Single Click : Stats : Works
3. Single Click Go to : Review
- Double Click : Review
Error - unable to exit or move forward.

1672948019874.png

It might be a good idea to unplug the battery wires, if they touch each other you may damage the battery charger electronics, if they touch something on thge PCB it may damage something else
Thank you - I agree,
I had to wait a while to get a 1.25mm pitch JST connector, and I checked to see if it was a fit.
I've bought some heat shrink sleeves and a switch that I'll use the battery with, just need to measure things properly and 3D print them.

Appreciate everything you did here.

When picking a battery try to get a protected pack (see my post on page 1). The battery's size is specified in it part number.

You have a 653040 which is 6.5mm thick, 30mm wide and 40mm long. Ideally you want a xx2540
Yes, I wanted a smaller part, but it wasn't available from the shop I ordered from, also, this one said it had BMS protection.
I'll probably order another just for some more capacity and dimensions elsewhere.

Rev6 compiled fine when using the M5Stack-Core-ESP32
I get an error with the M5Stack-Core2 . Trying to figure it out.

fatal error: bits/error_constants.h: No such file or directory #include <bits/error_constants.h>
Unfortunately, it will not work without some changes. I noted this to you before here. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/homebrew-fx-chrony-display.1278760/post-1392404

The Core Basic has three buttons and the Core2 has touchscreen only. So there is a hardware difference. The rev6 code would need to be adapted to the touchscreen and the rev6 will not work on the Core 2. The Rev3 does not use the "OneButton" menus, but rev6 does.

Last edited: