• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Homebrew FX Chrony display

M5Stack (black basic), I tried both the ver3 and ver4 both failed on Verify, then I started just to load anything from Examples and one of them bricked the cube. I was already exhausted so just plugged in to recharge over night. First thin in the morning I ran the M5Burner so the OS is back in the game. What I am noticing the middle button is very stiff, not sure if stuck, maybe that is giving me problems. No time in next couple hours to load your ver3 but I think (ver3 or ver4) it stuck on the line "one button"
As I posted previously, there is a difference between version 3 and 4. So, first you need to figure out which version you are trying to load.

Next...what is your Arduino IDE setup (libraries)? Did you install the "onebutton" library? None of these boards work without it. Do you have the latest ESP32 board updates from Expressif? Did you download the M5Stack libraries? Make sure the IDE is setup correctly or you can try all day with the same results. Go to Discord to check the "HowTo" and to troubleshoot deeper after you make sure your setup is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3DAirgunWorks
1672430402690.png

so playing around with my m5 stack and the gyro to see if we can get a cant meter setup into the display. From what i can find it appears that gyro "z" is the one needed to show us left right tilt if unit is attached to the pic rail and the display facing us. still working to dial in and be sure. the refresh rate is to fast to be useful and then figure out how to get a small green square to show when we are level.

so playing around with my m5 stack and the gyro to see if we can get a cant meter setup into the display. From what i can find it appears that gyro "z" is the one needed to show us left right tilt if unit is attached to the pic rail and the display facing us. still working to dial in and be sure. the refresh rate is to fast to be useful and then figure out how to get a small green square to show when we are level.

1672522540742.png

The sciencey bit

Both Heltec & TT-Go repos updated:

Things:

- You can now get into the menu during the searching phase (long btn push)
-Sleep time goes upto 60s
-You get 20 shots in a string per gun
-Stores selected pellet per gun
-There's a new shot string menu item
-- First time you use it (or after reordering / adding / deleting a gun) got to shot string | initialise
-- shot string | review - click thru each shot and view pellet speed
-- shot string | clear - resets your shot string
-- shot string | dump - prints the shot string to UART (connect your PC and look in serial monitor)
-- shot string | stats - displays the stats for the shot string

I think I'm done, maybe some UI tweaks and M5stickPlus port but otherwise I'm calling this complete.

Red Wolf owners - watch out for my Rebel GCU early next year!

Happy New Year & Slava Ukraini!

Nice add on this version fe7565. you beat me to it.
still working on the cant meter. getting alot of bad data and erratic readings. tired a few different options. I do have the 3 dots mapped out that can be put in place of the R%. that was a fun venture. could be a user option to comment out in the code depending on if you want R% or cant.
I did redesign the mount and will share my file. one can get magnets from Harbor freight and pop in the mount and your off to the races. can be mirrored in end-user slicer if one wants a right-side mount. I'm supplying left-side file. Magnets are item number 67488. its a 10 piece rare earth magnets.

View attachment m5 mag mount v1.zip

Attachments

• 20221231_230630.jpg
    20221231_230630.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 10
Both Heltec & TT-Go repos updated:

Things:

- You can now get into the menu during the searching phase (long btn push)
-Sleep time goes upto 60s
-You get 20 shots in a string per gun
-Stores selected pellet per gun
-There's a new shot string menu item
-- First time you use it (or after reordering / adding / deleting a gun) got to shot string | initialise
-- shot string | review - click thru each shot and view pellet speed
-- shot string | clear - resets your shot string
-- shot string | dump - prints the shot string to UART (connect your PC and look in serial monitor)
-- shot string | stats - displays the stats for the shot string

I think I'm done, maybe some UI tweaks and M5stickPlus port but otherwise I'm calling this complete.

Red Wolf owners - watch out for my Rebel GCU early next year!

Happy New Year & Slava Ukraini!
Thanks for all the work,

Here is final sketch setup to work on ESP32V3, if any one can use it. ( only V3 seems to be available in UK) but if anyone is buying boards for this I would definitely say buy the M5STACKC-PLUS or the TTGO, much sexier display. (M5 is a small battery, but nice all in one unit)

Again thanks DaystateRebel for the work and reigniting my interest in the arduino again.

Best wishes to you for 2023.
Phil

View attachment FXChronyDisplay-main.zip

Last edited:
Nice add on this version fe7565. you beat me to it.
still working on the cant meter. getting alot of bad data and erratic readings. tired a few different options. I do have the 3 dots mapped out that can be put in place of the R%. that was a fun venture. could be a user option to comment out in the code depending on if you want R% or cant.
I did redesign the mount and will share my file. one can get magnets from Harbor freight and pop in the mount and your off to the races. can be mirrored in end-user slicer if one wants a right-side mount. I'm supplying left-side file. Magnets are item number 67488. its a 10 piece rare earth magnets.

View attachment 318929
Big request to supply right-side file too. I will be asking someone to print it for me and I want to be sure he does it right the first time. Thank you so much in advance.

I realy like the development and what I see on the screen.
From my perspective as a 100 meters target shooter - and that is all outdoors for an ordinary airgunner - the most important data is the average + ES + SD.
But, I know that as well - the first 3 to 5 shot - are disposable !!! With every "cold start", is that you just started shooting or for every new tune. The Reg washers or orings or valve needs to warm up to stabilize.
So, a number of shots of 20 for example as a "total number" will tweak the numbers.
I am also a "large volume" shooter meaning 200 shots an average, so whatever I said is coming from "experience.
What would be involved ? to take a calculations "average" not from a total of 20 shots but a last 20 shots?

Last edited: