• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Homebrew FX Chrony display

Core2 ordered. Suppose to be here in a few days. Looking at that Rev 3 I was pointed to.
The rev3 of the M5Stack "Gray" should get you to over 90% there. The main difference is that the Core2 has a touch screen and the "Gray" has 3 buttons + a Power Button. So the code would need to be adopted to that. Also, if you do not like the jagged edges, then need to modify rev4. of the same code for a nicer front like the OpenRenderFont or similar: https://github.com/takkaO/OpenFontRender

I am lagging behind on adding/improving features so anyone, please jump in! :)

Last edited:
Try reducing the minimum return value in the menu
Unless your FX Chrono is solidly mounted on your rifle, I would make sure that your current chrono setup works with the app first. I had where I was not able to figure out why I am not getting any shots on my M5StickC Plus, and it was due to misalignment of the radar. Also, check your velocity range settings.

Reactions: 3DAirgunWorks
Anyone tried to insert in the code your own personal pellets/guns?
Results?
The downloaded code works fine, but when I put my data in it...
The menu works as they should, but when I shot... crickets... nothing in the display.
I did an investigate & oops, my bad, I was using a default (Air Gun FAC) profile instead of the value given in the gun structure. Fixed & the repo is updated. I'd be grateful if you try it out and let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: Mendo2
Probably (but may need a tweak). I would buy the TTGO T-Display board, much nicer color display or the M5 if you can deal with the small battery

Thanks mate, but already got the 32v3. I have ordered the m5 to have a play with.

If it's of use to anyone here's Rebels current sketch configured to work on Wifi Kit 32v3.

View attachment FXChronyV3.zip

Reactions: M0ist0ne
got my m5stickc plus. uploaded and have been able to connect to chrony using version 4 and 6. but neither is registering shots. if i hook through phone app the chrony is seeing the shots taken. i compiled and uploaded to stick using m5stick-c in Arduino. I see no board choice for plus.
update.::
got it working. had to learn how to navigate the menu system with quick double taps to get the program swapped to FAC. now to print up a holder. I also bought a new battery pack and chrono doesn't shut down now and has an extra port so I can power the M5stick as well. awesome work thus far. Running on version 6 of the m5 program as well currently. Now to see what i can do to add more. possibly gun and ammo choices and maybe change out the R% to FPE

20221229_204920.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: fe7565
I was up to 3am aand finally bricked the cube with one of the example codes, no screen not responding with power button after recharging. 😑
Now I have to figure how to re-flash, and no morning coffee yet.
Which module is this? Which version of the code did you try? What is your Arduino setup (installed all the required libraries)?

Which module is this? Which version of the code did you try? What is your Arduino setup (installed all the required libraries)?
M5Stack (black basic), I tried both the ver3 and ver4 both failed on Verify, then I started just to load anything from Examples and one of them bricked the cube. I was already exhausted so just plugged in to recharge over night. First thin in the morning I ran the M5Burner so the OS is back in the game. What I am noticing the middle button is very stiff, not sure if stuck, maybe that is giving me problems. No time in next couple hours to load your ver3 but I think (ver3 or ver4) it stuck on the line "one button"

Edit: the next problem is the battery, it doesn't lasts 5 minutes, I must have got an old stock. I am not aware of any robotics hobby store in Toronto, so my supply is limited to amazon or over province shipping. It may be better for me not bother until a backordered fresh supply arrives ETA mid January. Most likely I will take the newer Core 2 and maybe a StickC Plus, will see what will be available. PRC supply to Canada is pretty erratic lately.

Last edited: