Homebrew FX Chrony display

Same with any 3d print files people share. Unless you think you want to hire a team of attorneys, people will copy anything and get away with it. Doesn’t matter what we think. So either support the open source project or not, seems like a waste of energy to worry about what others do.
The only thing I give is advice. Of course, others are free to do as they desire. I just hate for anyone not to benefit from their work, as poverty is the enemy of us all.

Reactions: 3DAirgunWorks
Hi,
thanks for your answer, it was all my fault... my mistake in loading the libraries, now everything is fine. I thank you for your availability.
A greeting
Good to hear that, want to do it again?

New Heltec sketch is available, now includes energy calculations and user defined pellets. At the top of the sketch (starts at line 20) you can define the pellets you want to use in a little table. Here you input following

Pellet name,
Pellet manufacturer,
Weight in grains,
Caliber in inches,
Weight in grams,
Caliber in mm

You get a maximum of 256 pellet types and the pellet name must be shorter than 256 characters.

(NOTE: You must have at least one pellet defined)

There is a new menu item that allows you to select the pellet you want to use, the pellet energy is calculated and displayed along with the speed

1672084222800.png

@DaystateRebel
I was thinking that the name “profile” is misleading… in reality in the Fx app we choose the sensitivity range to better the precision of the measure.
So the perfect solution in the menu would be:
1 - choose sensitivity range
2 - choose pellet weight
And those will show up instead of the word CONNECTED
I agree, profile isn't the right name.

I propose to create a gun profile, that will have a name, speed range (formerly profile), minimum return and a list of pellets from the pellet list I introduced today. Just like today's update, you'll need to edit the sketch and upload it.

I know there's many better ways to do this (apps, config files etc etc) and it's a pain in the wotsits but I actively want people to have to build the sketch and load it themselves. For reasons ;) Hopefully those of you have already done it will help others achieve

Reactions: Hallyster61
I know there's many better ways to do this (apps, config files etc etc) and it's a pain in the wotsits but I actively want people to have to build the sketch and load it themselves. For reasons ;) Hopefully those of you have already done it will help others achieve
Excellent upgrade, and I totally agree with your line of thinking.
Thanks for your work.

Good to hear that, want to do it again?

New Heltec sketch is available, now includes energy calculations and user defined pellets. At the top of the sketch (starts at line 20) you can define the pellets you want to use in a little table. Here you input following

Pellet name,
Pellet manufacturer,
Weight in grains,
Caliber in inches,
Weight in grams,
Caliber in mm

You get a maximum of 256 pellet types and the pellet name must be shorter than 256 characters.

(NOTE: You must have at least one pellet defined)

There is a new menu item that allows you to select the pellet you want to use, the pellet energy is calculated and displayed along with the speed
Thanks for doing this @DaystateRebel - I'm trying to figure out how to save/send (email) a shot string.
I'll be getting a Heltec pretty soon and hope to get it set up.
Thank you again for everything.