• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Homebrew FX Chrony display

4CBAE4CD-609A-4A1B-80DE-70E901F1F5C2.jpeg

Reactions: kendive
Will any ESP32 module work?
For example
ESP32 LoRa SX1278 0.96 Inch Blue OLED Display BT WiFi Module
Got a link to that board?

Also, will this still connect to the phone app (is there a way to record the strings)?
No, I'm not going to mess with the phone app for reasons. I think I will add shot string storage but it will play them back over the serial port

Reactions: 3DAirgunWorks
Thanks to DaystateRebel! Managed to port the code to an M5StickC Plus. Still need to add the menus and the other enhancements he did already, but works good. This module is $21 on Digi-Key, and has an LCD, battery, IMU, mic, RTC, PMU, LED, 2 buttons, mounting magnet backing, and a barely audible buzzer.

I just bought M5StickC Plus! I am waiting impatiently for the firmware… awesome idea to use such module @fe7565. Looks like finished product. Well done

If anyone makes an enclosure, may want to consider some sort of a semi-permanent fold out mount with a couple of small neodymium magnets, because the M5Stick has two built-in magnets in the rear. So you can fold out the mount from the picatinny rail and snap the module on it. And when done, just snap it off and fold the mount back flush with the stock or under/near the scope rings.

Last edited:
If anyone makes an enclosure, may want to consider some sort of a semi-permanent fold out mount with a couple of small neodymium magnets, because the M5Stick has two built-in magnets the rear. So you can fold out the mount from the picatinny rail and snap the module on it. And when done, just snap it off and fold the mount back flush with the stock or under/near the scope rings.
I will definitely try to make something like that!!

Reactions: fe7565
Also, the M5Stick Plus has power input pins on the side. So, if the internal battery gets weak, you can charge/run it externally, may be with a rear mounted additional battery snapped on the back of it, or on its mount.

You can also buy a wrist band for it, designed specially for the module. I forgot that mine came with one. It's only $3 more with the wrist mount kit together, at DigiKey:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/42...jfi7-n9ouq1q3cBNyzEV7fw--hMDtHU8aAsN0EALw_wcB

1671155584118.png

Last edited:
If anyone makes an enclosure, may want to consider some sort of a semi-permanent fold out mount with a couple of small neodymium magnets, because the M5Stick has two built-in magnets in the rear. So you can fold out the mount from the picatinny rail and snap the module on it. And when done, just snap it off and fold the mount back flush with the stock or under/near the scope rings.

1671201290661.png

Reactions: fe7565