Homebrew FX Chrony display

Don't understand the question, there is a function to flip the display. I looked at your bang good link and didn't see a gyro in your board. So I don't think there is a way to flip the display automatically according the reading of the gyro. So you need to flip it yourself. Im'm not an expert so I could be wrong.
Yes, in the menu there is the option to flip the screen (on-off) but that doesn't do nothing.

Hi, I was testing the new M5Stack display, unfortunately I have an error and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong.
This is the error message:
C:\Users\Mauro\Documents\Arduino\FXChrony_M5STICK_PLUS-main\FXChrony_M5STICK_PLUS\FXChrony_M5STICK_PLUS.ino:2:10: fatal error: M5StickCPlus.h: No such file or directory
#include <M5StickCPlus.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: M5StickCPlus.h: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help

Read the Readme file !!

# Required Board definitions:

In the Arduino IDE go to File | Preferences and add

https://m5stack.oss-cn-shenzhen.aliyuncs.com/resource/arduino/package_m5stack_index.json

To the Additional board manager URLS

Go to Tools | Board | Boards manager

Search for and install "M5Stack"

Go to Tools | Board

Select M5Stick-C-Plus

## Required Libraries

### M5StickCPlus

Got to Sketch | Include Library | Manage Libraries

Search for and install M5StickCPlus

Reactions: m.brogio
I have loaded the "fake shot server" on my M5Stack Core,
the e-paper changed the screen from "searching" to "waiting for shot"
but the 3 buttons do nothing.
If I push the red (power) button on the side = reboots the e-paper screen.
I can confirm the wifi connection between two units is alive,
only don't see where or how to map a button for a triggering the fake shot?

Why the pellet menu is locked to "King Hvy MkII" not possible to choose an other pellet ?
Trying to add .30 cal pellet in 'pellet.h' makes crash the module after the end of the compile process (the M5 doesn't want to boot).
Thank you
You will need to show us the modifications you made to the pellet.h file.

Reactions: Dremo59
Thank you all for a great help. I got it working. This is a "fake shot" to mimic the screen, I needded to fit a max number of fonts possible in a limited space.

20230204_200613.jpg

I have arranged the screen my way.
I have only two guns, the Impact and the Leshiy2, but I have a conversion kit and I can share six liners in between the two guns.
So for example in cal.25 I have x600 and x700 liners, and these are in Twist Rate 1:18, 1:24 and 1:27.
Each TR need its own projectile speed to be tuned.
I finished the enclosure design, will print the prototypes somewhere next week, winter here in Canada, I am not in hurry at least until April no shooting outdoors.

Thank you all for a great help. I got it working. This is a "fake shot" to mimic the screen, I needded to fit a max number of fonts possible in a limited space.

View attachment 329684

I have arranged the screen my way.
I have only two guns, the Impact and the Leshiy2, but I have a conversion kit and I can share six liners in between the two guns.
So for example in cal.25 I have x600 and x700 liners, and these are in Twist Rate 1:18, 1:24 and 1:27.
Each TR need its own projectile speed to be tuned.
I finished the enclosure design, will print the prototypes somewhere next week, winter here in Canada, I am not in hurry at least until April no shooting outdoors.
Awesome work ! i'm a bit in the same case of you. I 'd like to arrange my M5Cplus and don't know how to add in the Joules in display because i'm working with the "FXChrony_M5STICK_PLUS V6" sketch (this sketch is perfect for me, only the joules are missing ) THANK YOU

Last edited:
Shot string length = what number of shots to calculate the ES and SD.
Initially I set mine to a Mag size.
Then realized and change it to 4, that is an average number of shots the Reg or springs need to adopt a new elbow greasing wit a tune.
Also, I was testing the text on the screen, and resetting the shot # through the menu/settings/... is much longer and sensitive for clicks/double clicks.

Thank you very much for your explanation and example @bigHUN . It is clear because of you. I think i've read this thread from page 1 to 22, 10 times :) Big thanks to the owner of the code too @DaystateRebel and @fe7565 .
Well maybe it is the reason why i haven't the same results compared the phone App and the M5 ( speed and joules are close but not the same ) I will try to decrease like you (maybe '4 ) will works.....the R% bored me too :mad:.....In any case, guys here are so smart.

You can choose to flip it in the settings menu.
I'll try it ASAP to be sure it works also on my E-Ink display.
I got it working, and I am very pleased with the GUI...

20230205_183050.jpg

but, when I flip the screen in the Settings menu, shifts the entire screen down for that small amount I circled on top corner.

flip the screen.JPG

What line number shall I look for in the Ver2.ino if I can move it up a bit ???