Homebrew FX Chrony display

Be aware that drone lipos probably don't have an over discharge protection circuit, the Heltec will drain unprotected batteries completely and permanently damage them. The ones I linked to above have a protection circuit which will disconnect the battery when it is as low as it can safely be discharged

I will add a "deep sleep" command (it will reduce current consumption to almost 0) to the menu but you might want a mechanical on-off switch too
I was going to accommodate for one of my mini voltage readout screens and had thought about adding a small rocker switch already. Will share what I end up making!

Reactions: athlon_oved
Will share what I end up making!
Good, coz frankly I suck

IMG_4338.jpg

Found the Brit!

Are you going to return it? This stuff won't work with the FX Display
No Not Brit. Just picked up terms from friends over the Ponds that I spent years working with on Game stuff.

I have a Mate (Friend) that is going to buy the FX Chrony so We'll use the Display together while I get the Bit's and Bob's to build this project.

Thanks to DaystateRebel! Managed to port the code to an M5StickC Plus. Still need to add the menus and the other enhancements he did already, but works good. This module is $21 on Digi-Key, and has an LCD, battery, IMU, mic, RTC, PMU, LED, 2 buttons, mounting magnet backing, and a barely audible buzzer.

Thanks to DaystateRebel! Managed to port the code to an M5StickC Plus. Still need to add the menus and the other enhancements he did already, but works good. This module is $21 on Digi-Key, and has an LCD, battery, IMU, mic, RTC, PMU, LED, 2 buttons, mounting magnet backing, and a barely audible buzzer.

That's awesome! Willing to share code once finished?

Some guys in a 3d printing for airguns group want to design a mountable case and stuff to share with the community for daystaterebel's original concept

Reactions: 3DAirgunWorks
I remixed the rear back plate to hold the tinny 200mah battery I had from a toy drone. Should be an easy remix to size it to a bigger battery. I printed the snap on back plate in PLA+ and the picatinny mount in TPU. TPU gives some flex to press fit the chrony into and also snap it onto the picatinny scope rail. This is sized for my Crown. But I assume it would fit other platforms. It would also be an easy remix in thingiverse.

1671122157118.png