Homebrew FX Chrony display

How about a All-in-one device?
An FX Crony powering an integrated low power absorbing E-Ink display?
Perfecly visible in direct sunlight and with a ON/OFF switch so you can choose to use it or not?

I'll do some testing before sharing, let me know if you like it as I do. :)

IMG_8076.jpg

IMG_8078.jpg

I like it. Just a question: is it really essential to populate the screen with gun and projectile data? The Speed, SD and ES is more important on main screen then anything else, I don't mind on second screen tho.
I agree, but this is just a porting of DaystateRebel excellent work for the TTGO. Having SD and ES displayed in real time during shots is out of my limited skills.
For me I'd like to have on screen a list of the last 10 shots, along with Min and Max, without having to go in a second page.
Don't mind the Return% or voltage either...

Reactions: fe7565 and Mendo2
How about a All-in-one device?
An FX Crony powering an integrated low power absorbing E-Ink display?
Perfecly visible in direct sunlight and with a ON/OFF switch so you can choose to use it or not?

I'll do some testing before sharing, let me know if you like it as I do. :)

View attachment 321188

View attachment 321189
Looks pro! I thought it was the real FX display at first. Well done! What is the refresh rate of the E-ink?

Last edited:
For me I'd like to have on screen a list of the last 10 shots, along with Min and Max, without having to go in a second page.
That would be my setup as well if there is enough space. I do not see why anyone needs energy unless you are in the UK/EU because of their FAC rules, or for hunting. Even if hunting , better not take a shot unless you know your energy set-up beforehand...risking maiming the prey instead of killing.

Questa sarebbe anche la mia configurazione se c'è abbastanza spazio. Non vedo perché qualcuno abbia bisogno di energia a meno che tu non sia nel Regno Unito/UE a causa delle loro regole FAC o per la caccia. Anche se stai cacciando, meglio non sparare a meno che tu non conosca in anticipo il tuo set di energia ... rischiando di mutilare la preda invece di uccidere.
For me, living in Italy, knowing the power of the pellet is essential especially if I use a weakened gun under 7.5J given our restrictions

Reactions: fe7565
I agree, but this is just a porting of DaystateRebel excellent work for the TTGO. Having SD and ES displayed in real time during shots is out of my limited skills.
Don't mind the Return% or voltage either...
Let me see what I can do ...

Reactions: Hallyster61
Last edited:
That refreshes perfectly fast! It looks like it came from FX like that.

Now, since you mounted it on the FX Chrono, there is really no need for BLE anymore. The FX Chrono circuit board has a serial port near the positive battery post. It spits out data. Part of that data is the speed value. Could parse the speed data out on to your e-ink with a board that uses much less energy, not the ESP-32.

Although you can also tap into the FX Chrono battery with your current setup and then you don’t need another battery for your module.

(Thanks Mendo2 for posting the video. )