Home made stock

Wow, superb work!!! how did you form the grip, vertical thumbrests, and cylindrical indents in the foreend?
Thank you..the grip was formed on the Bridgeport with the blank on its side..measured off a centerline. Slots in the forend milled while on its side. The thumb rest was carved with a gouge, and scraped fair with a custom ground scraper. Poplar can be ornery..grain awareness is important when using edge tools.

Reactions: Green_Yamo
Thank you..the grip was formed on the Bridgeport with the blank on its side..measured off a centerline. Slots in the forend milled while on its side. The thumb rest was carved with a gouge, and scraped fair with a custom ground scraper. Poplar can be ornery..grain awareness is important when using edge tools.
Truly excellent work! I look forward to see what you do for your RAW, as I have one too.

Truly excellent work! I look forward to see what you do for your RAW, as I have one too.
Thank you. Will be sure to document my next stock. Was a fun project, and a great learning experience. Am thinking of something along the lines of the stock on the NJR100..

Excellent job! That is the right approach to designing a stock, and you started correctly by committing it to paper first.
My first stock was done the same way, back in 2010, with a copy of the Accuracy International AW stock for a Benjamin Marauder. I had it converted through AutoCAD to CNC so it could be duplicated. I made about 20 stocks that way, and still have two blanks left.
Your attention to detail and the way you finished it off, is very good. Poplar is a good wood to use because of its ease of working, and it takes paint/stain very well.
My hat is off to you! Job well done. You should be rightly proud of that work.

That is some damn nice work. Puts my homemade version to shame.
9A588D74-1969-4A01-83A6-524C5FFC3129.jpeg